Replacements:

16 Alberto Vernet Basualdo
17 Omar Hasan Jalil
18 Esteban Lozada
19 Martín Schusterman
20 Nicolás Fernandez Miranda
21 Federico Todeschini
22 Federico Serra Miras

How much have Georgia improved? In the last cup I remember they were the whipping boys, and lost their Final against Uruguay.

It will be good to see Gonzalo Tiesi. He is a great player and deserves an oportunity in the first squad

I really think its going to be a tough match for Argentina; Fowards battle will be the key point on this one. If Pumas manage to beat the hard georgians in the scrums and advance in the tight game, there will be a good chance to see the full talent of Hernandez, Tiesi and Contepomi. The other 3 coming from the back can make a great difference.

But as I said , the key is in the pack. They will have to be in high spirit tomorrow. If not we can have a shameful performance like Ireland.

Pichot isn't going to play, he has a contracture on the right hamstrings, and no one want to risk him.
His place will be occupied by Nicolas Fernandez Miranda

vamo pumasss!! :bana:

And NOW is when Nicolas Vergallo should be playing ... we should give experience to the guys that could be starters in next RWCs.

If we keep the focus we should grab five points from this match.

Very much so. Anything less then 5 points would be a disaster. Its similar to the Irish v Namibia. Get the 5 points, then run up as big a score as you can. We did the first, failed to do the second.
Should not be a problem for you.

I really think its going to be a tough match for Argentina; Fowards battle will be the key point on this one. If Pumas manage to beat the hard georgians in the scrums and advance in the tight game, there will be a good chance to see the full talent of Hernandez, Tiesi and Contepomi. The other 3 coming from the back can make a great difference.

But as I said , the key is in the pack. They will have to be in high spirit tomorrow. If not we can have a shameful performance like Ireland.
[/b]

That's the key. We must neustralize the fowards and then make an open game whit the backs. I hope that they wouldn't be a surprise like Namibia, Canada or Portugal was. So we can get the precious bonus point.

Well played Georgia! But you have to think that Argintina were always going to win this game!

I have been really pleased by the way that the smaller nations have really taken the game to the bigger nations! It has been a joy to watch the likes of Nambia, Portugal and Georgia play their hearts out!

Hopfully they can cause some upsets by beating a bigger team!

Argentina squeeeeaked the bonus point in the last minute. Namibia might be just as difficult for them.

Well played Georgia, just too tired to defend in the end.

Where are Arg's tries going to come from against Ireland? Should be a foot stomping match.

Argentina squeeeeaked the bonus point in the last minute. Namibia might be just as difficult for them.[/b]

Yes :bana: In any case Georgia is stronger than Namibia, I'm just waiting to check a pool table counting also for and against tries.

Where are Arg's tries going to come from against Ireland? Should be a foot stomping match.[/b]

It could be.

Nigel Owens missed so many crooked lineouts in that game. Pretty entertaining to watch though. Huge commitment from Georgia but Argentina always looked like they were going to get the bonus, especially with Hernandez's strong running at flyhalf.

It´s been a tougher game than what we expected (please forgive my english). I liked Lucas Borges, Albacete and Mario Ledesma, also i think we shouldn´t have played so close with the forwards but instead played more with the backs.

Anyway the IRB programed this match only three days after our debut game with France, and as a matter of fact the Pumas seemed to need more rest. I just can´t understand why the only nation among the 8 top teams given so little time to rest is Argentina :angry:

Now lets wait for the next game, and hope to get an other bonus point :lol:

Argentina squeeeeaked the bonus point in the last minute. Namibia might be just as difficult for them.

Yes, very difficult 1st half also. I think Namibia will be a little bit easier than Georgia. Georgia has a very good teem. I hope all this new teems help to make the international rugby comunity grow big as it should be.
Pumas got the bonus, which is the most important by now. When the time pass, the final results is the only thing that counts. Arg 33 - Georgia 3 :cheers:

Well played Georgia, just too tired to defend in the end.

Where are Arg's tries going to come from against Ireland? Should be a foot stomping match.
[/b]

Ireland is a good team with much more experience than Argentina. It won't happen like with Georgia that once we make a try they slow down. Probably you are right, it can turn into a foot stomping match. But something is real: Ireland MUST beat France if want to be in the 1/4s.

It´s been a tougher game than what we expected (please forgive my english). I liked Lucas Borges, Albacete and Mario Ledesma, also i think we shouldn´t have played so close with the forwards but instead played more with the backs.

Anyway the IRB programed this match only three days after our debut game with France, and as a matter of fact the Pumas seemed to need more rest. I just can´t understand why the only nation among the 8 top teams given so little time to rest is Argentina :angry:

Now lets wait for the next game, and hope to get an other bonus point :lol:
[/b]

I agree with that statment: give it faster to the backs! shorter rucks! like the all blacks against Italy: no more than 3 seconds the ball in the ruck and is already flying to the backs.

Why so short time to rest? well my friend, we still are the 'Argies', esa palabra peyorativa como los sudakas.
No money to make with the argentinian market, which means that even when we can make it to the semifinals, we are not gonna make it to 6N or 3N until 6 or 10 years from now. We still are the underdogs for them.

Y no te preocupes por el idioma che, si no es el tuyo no tenes la obligacion de saberlo bien. Aca (USA) saben decir 'hola' y 'que paso' y ya dicen que hablan espaniol. :p

What a first half . georgian defence was imense and that combined with the Argentinian handling errors led to one of the most exciting and evenly matched first halfs of the RWC .Great game up until the second half when Argentina sparked up their game a little bit and managed to find gaps in a somewhat weakened georgian defence. Georgia puting in a great effort but ultimately let the pumas take the game after the 3/4.

Pity about the bonus point though ,kinda worrying for us , as now we'll have to put 4 tries on the board in our next game. Well Done Georgia though , great performance from one of the minnows!

As I predicted, when the hard georgian fowards dropped their intensity in defending and controlling the ball, gaps started to open for Argentina to score. It was NOT a very clever performance, in decision making, and accuracy, but great spirit and will to attack in the 2nd half and some good individual performaces. (Hernandez, Borges, Durand). Great game for Georgia, Ireland and France shouldn ´t put a 2nd team against them.

If the worst scenario for this match would have been a performance like the irish against Namibia, well, I think Pumas had a much better game. Argentina won by 30 points (Ireland 15) , also fielding tired players who played a ***anic match 4 days ago (for the irish it was their 1st match), all the tries were valid (Ireland recieved the ref´s help in the last try).

Bernard: Old wine is good wine.
Manny: Yes. But expensive wine is good wine also.
Bernard: Yes. But the older the wine is, the gooder it is.
Manny: Ah but by the same token, the more expensive the wine, then the gooder it is also.

dont bother comparing it against different teams odds are it wont matter they got the bonus point which is job done and hopefully they'll have softened up the georgians for the irish

As I predicted, when the hard georgian fowards dropped their intensity in defending and controlling the ball, gaps started to open for Argentina to score. It was NOT a very clever performance, in decision making, and accuracy, but great spirit and will to attack in the 2nd half and some good individual performaces. (Hernandez, Borges, Durand). Great game for Georgia, Ireland and France shouldn ´t put a 2nd team against them.

If the worst scenario for this match would have been a performance like the irish against Namibia, well, I think Pumas had a much better game. Argentina won by 30 points (Ireland 15) , also fielding tired players who played a ***anic match 4 days ago (for the irish it was their 1st match), all the tries were valid (Ireland recieved the ref´s help in the last try).
[/b]

Sure. :lol2tn: Anyway Namibia is gonna be a tough team to beat. The irish should be worried about winning the french and, as well, we might get to the last match - against them - almost clasified B)

Why so short time to rest? well my friend, we still are the 'Argies', esa palabra peyorativa como los sudakas.
No money to make with the argentinian market, which means that even when we can make it to the semifinals, we are not gonna make it to 6N or 3N until 6 or 10 years from now. We still are the underdogs for them.

Y no te preocupes por el idioma che, si no es el tuyo no tenes la obligacion de saberlo bien. Aca (USA) saben decir 'hola' y 'que paso' y ya dicen que hablan espaniol. :p
[/b]

Seguro... solo que hace años que no escribo en inglés y solo lo utilizo en el trabajo :D Now getting back to my practice in english... i hope the french and the irish end their game tied!!!!!!!!! :bana: With no winners and we´ll be ending in the first place of the pool. So thay might call us argies (o como despectivamente se les cante) but one of them wont get the pass to the play-offs!!!

Only the Brits call you Argies.

I type Arg because the whole word is too long. Respect. But you won't get out of the pool! :p