• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina vs England - In England

Every time I've seen Foden play at Scrum Half he's been utter ********. He's a good Fullback, but I'd never pick him over Delon Armitage.
I reckon your statement about Stephen Myler might be a slight exaggeration and I've never been impressed by Paul Diggin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jun 7 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Every time I've seen Foden play at Scrum Half he's been utter ********.[/b]
Which is how many times?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
He's a good Fullback, but I'd never pick him over Delon Armitage.[/b]
On current form, I'd agree. But Why was Balshaw being picked this time last year?
I reckon your statement about Stephen Myler might be a slight exaggeration[/b]
Erm, no.
and I've never been impressed by Paul Diggin.[/b]

Which is fine, everyone's entitled to an opinion... But why does the joint 2nd top try scorer in the league this year get completely ignored, while Ellis and Varndell who haven't even been getting selected for their club this season get Lions and Saxons call-ups respectively?

Backhand politics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 7 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 6 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 7 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crane, Myler, Hipkiss (up until now), Allen, JSD et. al are constantly ignored in favour of the old boys. And that's the reason that England is very poor compared to the quality of players the local league produces.[/b]
Crane is a serious prospect to lead England, and Hipkiss is good (better than BOD ... snigger!), but the others aren't reeeally worth hyperventilating about. Give Johnson a while - he'll deliver a decent mix, and old fellas will die off in time for the RWC.
[/b][/quote]

The only reason you think that is because you're brainwashed into it by the usual media spin. Much the same way as casual fans think Wasps are the "best team evar!!" despite never winning any league since 1997.[/b][/quote]
Thanks for putting me straight on that. Must try harder.

So, for example, if I ever get in to a conversation with a Saffer about the Lions tour I'll make sure beforehand to WATCH THE S14 FINAL! ;)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 7 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also:
- Myler is a far superior 10 to Cipriani, Goode, Flood & Wilkinson in EVERY aspect of his game.
- JSD is world renouned, but plays for Gloucester so won't get picked instead of Sackey (whom still being an international is a travesty itself).
- Allen has never been given a chance.[/b]
Don't know much about Myler, but I've seen enough of Allen and JSD to know that they don't got what it takes. Seizing your chance is pretty straightforward. No need to turn it in to a saga.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 7 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, for example, if I ever get in to a conversation with a Saffer about the Lions tour I'll make sure beforehand to WATCH THE S14 FINAL! ;)[/b]

I watched the Super 14 Final! ^_^

Drunk :unsure:

Ah, cheep shots. Expect no less from him.

BTW, I did watch the S14 final. And it was so one sided I lost interest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 7 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 7 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also:
- Myler is a far superior 10 to Cipriani, Goode, Flood & Wilkinson in EVERY aspect of his game.
- JSD is world renouned, but plays for Gloucester so won't get picked instead of Sackey (whom still being an international is a travesty itself).
- Allen has never been given a chance.[/b]
Don't know much about Myler, but I've seen enough of Allen and JSD to know that they don't got what it takes. Seizing your chance is pretty straightforward. No need to turn it in to a saga.
[/b][/quote]

Really, have you? When?

Latest posts