argh need help !

Howzy

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Newcastle RU
hello all

as ive just entered my second year at college and everything is a rush to get our ucas applications in. as some of u may know i started a thread months back about the rugby at USW and wanted to know what it was like. since that i have been asked to go down for an interview but at the same time ive heard about some apprenticeships within the aerospace maintenance sector (which im currently studying at college). the company is a very big well known company (not mentioning names) and is based up north east where i am from. but over pondering the last couple of weeks about what to do ive listed some pros and cons of both the apprenticeship and university. hopefully i can get some help and you guys can shed some light on the situation.

Pros of Going to University - student life, the rugby in Wales, meet new people, a higher paid job when you finish, get away from home.
Cons of going to university - Massive debt when coming out (at least until u get a job), no guarantee of finding a job, not getting paid (could find part time but been told course has no time for stuff like that), living away from home, lots of work to do, harsh dead lines etc (same as college).

Pros of getting an apprenticeship - Getting paid while learning, working in the area i want to work in, be able to get money to do stuff to my car.
Cons of getting an apprenticeship - Still living at home, Playing the same old rubbish standard rugby up here, wages are not sufficient at apprenticeship level, dunno if guaranteed a job when if finish apprenticeship.

there's just a couple of things off the top of my head i can think of. but the thing that makes it hard is the fact that i may choose to go to university and finish uni and may not been able to find a job while my mates from the college course who took the apprenticeship may have been offered jobs and maybe on good money once fully qualified. but its also vice versa as i could choose the apprenticeship and then my mates who went to uni get a job and are on £20,000 more than me.

help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Apply for both, make a decision if you get offered both?

Latest posts