• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 1st Test - Brisbane

Fortunately not, I sold my soul and got Sky for the Ryder Cup 2 years back but the cricket has certainly been a bonus, espeically when it was only home England tests and the 99 world cup which had previously been on terrestrial tv.

<div class='quotemain'>
Just suddenly noticed something when watching the Ashes highlights on BBC...
You losers down under don't broadcast in widescreen!!!! Whats with all this 4:3 aspect rubbish?! Do you still go by horse and cart down there or something?!
[/b]

:lol2tn:

UR A FARKIN LOONY

I bought an STB for the 2005 Ashes.
I plugged it in again for the first time since that series yesterday!

AND ITS IN WIDESCREEN U BLOODY TOOL

So get off your high horse cause we need it to get to the match :p

Seriously, i'd say its the international feed, but i can confirm I am watching this telecast in widescreen...FFS i can see gully when the batter is playing a shot.

Idiot...fix ur feed, or telecast coz its an issue at ur end.........which i assume is in England
[/b][/quote]

You sir (as illustrated by your poor attempt at using the word "farkin", its actually "fackin' " you ponce) are the tool and the idiot in this situation.

Rather than question why exactly Network 9 is broadcasting the 'international' feed in 4:3 only, you just go off and steal MY high horse (which I paid for) and go off on a rather poorly informed rant!

Its not our feed, we're receiving what Network 9 give us. It even has the :::9 logo in the top left hand corner and sure enough it is 4:3 which indicates that Network 9 is wasting our time by broadcasting to us in 4:3!

Anyway, well done for admitting that you all use horses down there by the way :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
You losers down under don't broadcast in widescreen!!!! Whats with all this 4:3 aspect rubbish?! Do you still go by horse and cart down there or something?!
[/b]

UR A FARKIN LOONY

Seriously, i'd say its the international feed, but i can confirm I am watching this telecast in widescreen...FFS i can see gully when the batter is playing a shot.

Idiot...fix ur feed, or telecast coz its an issue at ur end.........which i assume is in England
[/b][/quote]

You sir (as illustrated by your poor attempt at using the word "farkin", its actually "fackin' " you ponce) are the tool and the idiot in this situation.

Rather than question why exactly Network 9 is broadcasting the 'international' feed in 4:3 only, you just go off and steal MY high horse (which I paid for) and go off on a rather poorly informed rant!

Its not our feed, we're receiving what Network 9 give us. It even has the :::9 logo in the top left hand corner and sure enough it is 4:3 which indicates that Network 9 is wasting our time by broadcasting to us in 4:3!

Anyway, well done for admitting that you all use horses down there by the way :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

IT IS YOUR FEED MATE

WE IN AUSTRALIA CHANNEL 9 IS WIDESCREEN

Obviously whomever paid for the channel 9 coverage - either BBC or Sky or whatever, have obviosuly scaled back to 4:3 for ur pleasureable viewing

I dont care if you see little 9 logos..........when i watch ur coverage i see BBC...yet i dont have BBC.....its vendored by a local provider......and they can scale it whichever way they please...in your case 4:3.

its a pity u cant watch it in widescreen........

as for farkin or fackin..........dont question aussie slang if u dont know it!

Good luck for the series - in 4:3..........

the only thing 4:3 i'll see is your batting scorecard after the first session.

:bleh!:

IT IS YOUR FEED MATE

Obviously whomever paid for the channel 9 coverage - either BBC or Sky or whatever, have obviosuly scaled back to 4:3 for ur pleasureable viewing

I dont care if you see little 9 logos..........when i watch ur coverage i see BBC...yet i dont have BBC.....its vendored by a local provider......and they can scale it whichever way they please...in your case 4:3.

[/b]

Yes, yes once again earning your stripes there once more with the capitals and the poor spelling. And yes, splendid use of the full stop there. Thats a really good way of winning an argument, I'll think twice before crossing your path again chum! Do you work for Australian immigration by any chance?

Once again it is not our feed, its just what we're getting from you guys over there. Its just hot Network 9 footage cut down to an 11 minute highlights package. As the BBC switched to a 16:9 aspect only rule years ago for all programming I don't see the logic of somehow squashing everything into 4:3, thus your argument is complete and utter tripe good sir!

As for your 'vendor', he is just receiving the coverage as done by the BBC complete with commentary and rebroadcasting it. Nothing more, nothing less. They're not doing anything to it, they're just receiving the pictures as done by the BBC.

Sky is owned by News International (who own Fox Sports) they have their own guys there taking the pictures from the Network 9 cameras, and processing them there in Australia to put their own scorecards, graphics, etc on there before beaming to them to the satellite.

And I question Aussie slang because its pronounced "fackin'" here in the South East of England. Just a innocent misunderstanding I think.

Sadly though, my debating skills are no match for your capital letters, needless ravings and multiple full stops! I think we all know who won here! :rolleyes:

I hate to be a pedant, but:
Yes, yes once again earning your stripes there once more with the capitals and the poor spelling. And yes, splendid use of the full stop there. That's just what we're getting from you guys over there. Its just hot Network 9 footage cut down to an 11 minute highlights package. [/b]

When you criticise somebody for their bad English skills you have to be sure your own are water tight ;) . Still, you were almost perfect.

Read really worked on his batting and was in great form with his county.
[/b]

Exactly ive seen Read alot for Notts this year and his batting has come on leaps and bounds, he actually has more first class centuries this year than Jones has in his career with Jones being about 3 years older. i do have a soft spot for read though because he presented me with my gold award at trent bridge back in my younger days!

Anyway to the cricket, Giles has been milked today and apart from his gifted wicket yesterday hasnt offered anything. Even Pietersen looked more threatening yesterday.

Well Giles rarely gets much spin, he's more about tieing up an end.

Crikey this game has moved on, nodded off just after Flintoff took his first wicket of the day and woke up just in time to see the 2 quick England wickets fall, nothing Cook could do about that delivery from McGrath but Strauss will be kicking himself.

Ponting must be feeling sick about missing out on the double ton, class act though, for England to have any chance in the remaining tests they must get him out cheaply early doors but even now early doors he's looking far more comfortable than he has done, but wouldn't you be with an average of over 100 in 2006.

Pressure on Bell big time, must show he's not a horses for courses player.

I hate to be a pedant, but:
<div class='quotemain'>
Yes, yes once again earning your stripes there once more with the capitals and the poor spelling. And yes, splendid use of the full stop there. That's just what we're getting from you guys over there. Its just hot Network 9 footage cut down to an 11 minute highlights package. [/b]

When you criticise somebody for their bad English skills you have to be sure your own are water tight ;) . Still, you were almost perfect.
[/b][/quote]

Ah! Very true, but look on the brght sde! at lst i did nt USE CAPITLS AND LOTS AN LOTS OF FULL STOPS..........

POINT TAKN.........................

Anyway to the cricket!

I agree with Giles, he just doesn't seem to have that bite and attacking attitude that Panesar has.

My 2 cents worth on the lack of England penetration with the ball in the 1st innings- with Harmison clearly out of rhythm and confidence, and Hoggard not generating the outrageous outswing in Oz that he did in Eng, I reckon that Eng really missed someone to do the damage with the old ball- Simon Jones` injury could not have come at a worse time for you guys, with him getting swing with the old ball, at 140km/h plus at one end, and Paesar tweaking it at the other, things could well have been different.

As it stands now, the only likely result is a monstrous first test blow-out victory for the Aussies, unless either Flintoff, Bell and Pietersen can score big runs. But that remains to be seen- if Pietersen could get some decent turn and bounce on day 1, imagine what Warne will do on days 3,4 and 5. The only result really looks like an Aus win- unless there are some late November showers. How`s the weather forecast looking?

think they said on the BBC that the nearest cloud was 3000 miles away.

Harmison certainly seems to be getting the **** taken out of him alright, don't usually like Bill Lawrie but the moment where he hit the stumps with that attempted runout, "aw he's finally hit the stumps, well done Steve Harmison". :lol:

I hope he`s just struggling for rhythm at the moment, and not suffering from home-sickness ;)

It would be a disaster if he does not recapture his form, the series needs a Harmison at full throttle to get some life into it, and not be over before it`s actually started. Seeing a fully on form Harmison going up against a fired-up Brett Lee is exactly the sort of thing that grabbed the cricketing public at large`s imagination during the last series.

Going from bad to worse for England on the start of day 3, luck certainly not on their side, Pietersen's lbw did look out first glance but hawk eye says it wasn't hitting and Flintoff gets out on a no ball that wasn't given.

Gerat performance from McGrath yet again, think the only surprise might be the fact that Warne didn't take a wicket, maybe the mighty one is past it :p

Seriously though only a miracle can see England getting a draw, Slats made a good point about the importance of the toss and the fact that there's only been 2 days of good batting as opposed to 3 which has been the norm at the Gabba, doens't mean that England would have fared any better cause their batting lineup is vastly inferior to that of the Aussies.

AK, we always have trouble with feeds from Down Under. Even yesterday with the Tri Nations final, that got messed up.

Speaking of messed up, Flintoff just has, and we've got 5 down in this second innings. I didn't have us down as having much of a chance after the first day, but KP and Freddie are capable of untold damage. No longer.

Unless there's rain on the horizon, that's the end of this test I'm afraid.

just shows with weather that when predicting it most people talk through their hole, even worse over here.

Anyway Australia didn't take long to get the rest of the wickets, Warne was spot on, once we get the first wicket we're into the tail and it won't take too long from there.

Unlike last year's series not much that England can take out of this test so not much chance of the turnaround in Adelaide that was seen at Edgbaston, unless McGrath steps on a ball again.

<div class='quotemain'>
IT IS YOUR FEED MATE

[/b]

Once again it is not our feed, its just what we're getting from you guys over there. Its just hot Network 9 footage cut down to an 11 minute highlights package. As the BBC switched to a 16:9 aspect only rule years ago for all programming I don't see the logic of somehow squashing everything into 4:3, thus your argument is complete and utter tripe good sir!

I think we all know who won here! :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

At the end of the day the native channel 9 coverage is widescreen...........perhaps u can see this when the telecast begins and it says "Presented in HD widescreen".......although not sure coz i dont see what you see..........i see widescreen, you dont

Australia won..........as for the argument.............i dont care.............u slammed australia implying we have no technology........whether it be a joke or not, u cant continue arguing with that as your opening statement.

i'm no king dingaling debater

i will however squash anything falsely claimed...........and this coverage is in widescreen.....contrary to your opening statement............sir :bleh!:

Monty needs to play in the next test

and MacGill i believe is in line for a call up

We need another bowler.........we did well with only 4......but if the pommy batters in pietersen and freddy get firing..........and tame those 4 bowlers.......we need someone other than part-timer M Clarke to bowl.

IMO Watson should not play in any Test this series, unless we get injury riddened

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

UR A FARKIN LOONY

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

IT IS YOUR FEED MATE

[/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PWN3D!!!

I was away for this test but i made sure i got to see most of the match (IN HD WIDESCREEN!!!! ;) ) while on holiday.

One of the biggest hidings i've seen in a long time..... great stuff Aussies :bravo:

I just hope the poms show a little backbone in the next 2 tests so we still have something to play for in the Boxing day test at the G.

Latest posts