• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashton backs Tait.....for fullback?!

tait at fullback...

its not a hard equation.. josh lewsey = full back, matt tait = center

ian balshaw is a piece of ****

I'm waiting for some more 'innovation' from Ashton.

Andy Sherridan on the wing? Shaun Perry as a prop?

Give the bloke a chance before writing him off, he hasn't had a game in charge yet.

Imagine playing a fast, elusive, inventive and experienced 7's player with a good boot at fullback.

Oh the horror. :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how he plays there. I personally think it won't work, but who knows. If he struggles at fullback, I won't be surprised if the try him at scrum half (providing he hasn't played there already).

yea shaun perry another big boy in the half back pairing (goode/perry=caucau) wheres good ole dawes when you need him?

Give the bloke a chance before writing him off, he hasn't had a game in charge yet.
[/b]

I'm not writing him off, I'm just a little surprised really. Especially when we're not exactly overflowing with talented centres at the momment, syphoning them off (no matter how good they are at Full Back) wouldn't be my idea of fun.

Tait shouldn't be a centre for England anyway; Bosh and JSD should have those 2 slots.

yea shaun perry another big boy in the half back pairing (goode/perry=caucau) wheres good ole dawes when you need him? [/b]

Dancing on primetime TV for the BBC.

OK, if Tait`s going into fullback, what exactly is Jason Robinson doing back in the mix?

Seems like the whole world is going mad, SA had centres at wing, locks at openside and the odd flyhalf on the wing during the Nov internationals, Aus had a centre at scrumhalf, a fullback at flyhalf and a flyhalf at centre, France had a centre at flyhalf, and both Eng and SA had 2 tightheads on the field during the last test- isn`t Ashton simply following the new international trend? Heck, even NZ have their best fullback running out at outside centre. If you can`t beat the madness, might as well join in I suppose.

mates.. if i was a coach.. i'd like to see versatility in my squad.. I really do.. I want my fullback to be able to play flanker... that kind of thing... :p

Tait shouldn't be a centre for England anyway; Bosh and JSD should have those 2 slots.

<div class='quotemain'> yea shaun perry another big boy in the half back pairing (goode/perry=caucau) wheres good ole dawes when you need him? [/b]

Dancing on primetime TV for the BBC.
[/b][/quote]

It should be bosh and tait, JSD if fit i think he may be a better fit for the wing.. cueto and jsd wouldnt be a bad wing pairing. Too bad Varndell can't tackle or he'd be a star.

Even if he could tackle he still wouldn't be any use; Dopey c*** can't pass or catch. Give it 3 years and he'll lose all his pace and get dumped into the murky depths of ND1.

(IMO) The best possible backline England could have right now is;

9. Perry/Richards
10. Wilkinson
11. Cohen
12. Bosh/Allen
13. JSD (Bosh at 13 if Allen plays)
14. Cueto
15. Wizz

actually, that's really not a bad point bokmagic. The game is getting to a point where every player needs to know how to do everything, a back despite his specialties, needs to know how to ruck and maul at least quasi efficiently, and a forward needs to know a bit how to run the ball and pass it with some degree of skill. Why not mix backs up around the backline and forwards around the pack developing their all-around skills? if anything, it just adds the excitement of learning how to play a new position.

Another product of Leicesters "fantastic" academy. Creators of such great players like Lewis Moody and Harry Ellis!!! :lol:

haha, but lewis moody is decent[/b]

For stupid comments like that, you're off.

Red_Card_s.jpg

Next thing I'll hear, someone will say Martin Corry made a decent international captain...

actually, that's really not a bad point bokmagic. The game is getting to a point where every player needs to know how to do everything, a back despite his specialties, needs to know how to ruck and maul at least quasi efficiently, and a forward needs to know a bit how to run the ball and pass it with some degree of skill. Why not mix backs up around the backline and forwards around the pack developing their all-around skills? if anything, it just adds the excitement of learning how to play a new position.
[/b]

My Point exactly! I'd even put tait as a prop! :bana:

Latest posts