• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

At least 32 dead in Virginia Tech shooting

T

The TRUTH

Very sad news :(

A gunman has opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech killing at least 32 people. The gunman is amongst the dead but it is not known at this stage whether or not he was killed by police or if he took his own life.

This is the largest shooting of it's kind in US history....

To be honest this is a terrible thing... but it seems to happening more and more...

Americans believe they have a god given right to carry a gun... and then they go off after something this happens, yes its bad but if gun's weren't so readily available it may not of happend they don't do much to protect themselves over it...

If you haven't watched it yet, watch Bowling for Columbine... It sums up America

To be honest this is a terrible thing... but it seems to happening more and more...

Americans believe they have a god given right to carry a gun... and then they go off after something this happens, yes its bad but if gun's weren't so readily available it may not of happend they don't do much to protect themselves over it...

If you haven't watched it yet, watch Bowling for Columbine... It sums up America
[/b]

You're a liberal idiot. Michael Moore is a fat pig liberal piece of **** who i'd love to beat the **** out of, bowling for columbine is the biggest piece of **** movie on the market and it doesnt sum us up at all. He's the same fat f*** who did farenheit 9/11 that un-american ******* i hope he dies. f*** him.

We do own a right to carry a gun, simple as that. Its not guns who kill people, it's unstable idiots who kill people.

We do own a right to carry a gun, simple as that. Its not guns who kill people, it's unstable idiots who kill people. [/b]

Why Do you need to have a gun, at the end of the day, Guns are intended to KILL, IF the Unstable Idiots didn't have access to guns then they wouldn't be able to kill...

Jesus Christ - 32 People have just died, yet every forum I've been too which has had this posted has had some European who has no idea what the f*** he is on about spouting on about Americans and Guns in the first 5 posts.

<div class='quotemain'>We do own a right to carry a gun, simple as that. Its not guns who kill people, it's unstable idiots who kill people. [/b]

Why Do you need to have a gun, at the end of the day, Guns are intended to KILL, IF the Unstable Idiots didn't have access to guns then they wouldn't be able to kill...
[/b][/quote]

Yea and we dont allow the sale of illegal drugs but im sure i could go and buy some right now if i wanted to!!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>We do own a right to carry a gun, simple as that. Its not guns who kill people, it's unstable idiots who kill people. [/b]

[/b][/quote]
Yea and we dont allow the sale of illegal drugs but im sure i could go and buy some right now if i wanted to!!
[/b][/quote]
I am basically saying it would be more difficult for people to get guns if they were banned...
The thing is you have just had 30 odd innocent lives taken in your country and you still condone the use of guns, what the f*** is that all about...
Yes there are a need for guns in cases by trained personnel but for joe public there is no need for them...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
I am basically saying it would be more difficult for people to get guns if they were banned...
The thing is you have just had 30 odd innocent lives taken in your country and you still condone the use of guns, what the f*** is that all about...
Yes there are a need for guns in cases by trained personnel but for joe public there is no need for them...
[/b][/quote]

So what happens when people buy guns illegally from say china, and decide to hold you up in the street, break into your house, or mug you?

Maybe i can shoot spit wads at them :rolleyes:

How do you think we deal with it in this country...

We have the police to deal with the problem...

Maybe its because your country supports Bush and his Redneck chums

redneck.jpg

(DC in a couple of years time)

Guns are banned here, the UK and most of Europe, and there is VERY little gun killings here, and we have more people in Europe than in the USA. Even look at Canada, where guns are avalible as easy as in the USA... look at the gun crime rate there, again very little. Now look at the USA, where anyone and any idiot can get their hands on a gun. Look at their crime rate... hmmm. seems to me like theres a problem, maby if we take the guns away... nah, then people will be angry because they need guns!......?

Guns are banned here, the UK and most of Europe, and there is VERY little gun killings here, and we have more people in Europe than in the USA. Even look at Canada, where guns are avalible as easy as in the USA... look at the gun crime rate there, again very little. Now look at the USA, where anyone and any idiot can get their hands on a gun. Look at their crime rate... hmmm. seems to me like theres a problem, maby if we take the guns away... nah, then people will be angry because they need guns!......?
[/b]
Oh yes, let's just TAKE the guns away - I mean, if America just said "Fine, you needledick Europeans are right, guns be gone" all that George Bush has to do is wave his hand and they will all disappear.

Oh, look what a quick google search just dug up :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1440764.stm

Originally posted by BBC
A new study suggests the use of handguns in crime rose by 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned.
The research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting, has concluded that existing laws are targeting legitimate users of firearms rather than criminals.

and it also dug up this lovely article from two years later

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2656875.stm

But despite, or because, of this, violent crime in America has been plummeting for 10 consecutive years, even as British violence has been rising. By 1995 English rates of violent crime were already far higher than America's for every major violent crime except murder and rape. [/b]

They help keep the peace. A study found American burglars fear armed home-owners more than the police. As a result burglaries are much rarer and only 13% occur when people are at home, in contrast to 53% in England. [/b]

But murder rates for both countries are now changing. In 1981 the American rate was 8.7 times the English rate, in 1995 it was 5.7 times the English rate, and by last year it was 3.5 times. With American rates described as "in startling free-fall" and British rates as of October 2002 the highest for 100 years the two are on a path to converge. [/b]

But of course, good thing the British have the Police to rely on when Jolly old Bobbie the Rapist comes a-knocking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3481419.stm

Police response times to emergency calls in London are slowing down, according to the latest figures.
The number of incidents Metropolitan Police officers get to within the recommended 12 minutes has dropped to an average of 71% - down 1.3%[/b]

So, care to revise that post?

Western Society hangup

...we have created a culture that breeds so many insecurities from unrealistic expectations that as a result people at the extreme end of the acale do this.

We tell people that if they do this and that then they will be seen as significant....when in fact we are born significant.

As a result people develop anxieties from not living up to whatever society tells them will give them significance....like a pressure cooker it drives them on the path of instability.

Real tragedy this shooting. The pain many families are feeling today....absolutely terrible...

Firstly, the news, Michael Moore and every other idiot will tell you one side of the story.

This incident is horrible. It does speak badly of the condition of America. It is not a one off incident, and unfortunately it will happen again. Is it guns? Or is it our society in general? You be the judge.
Part of our seperation from England was the "right to bear arms." At this point society did defend itself, and the military was built up of men with whatever weapons they possessed. Do we as Americans have the right to bear any arms? Should I be able to buy an automatic, military grade riffle? No, I don't need that for hunting, it would masacare a deer. Should there be a review of the US 2nd Ammendment? Yes. We are not the same society that we were, and we surely aren't facing the same issues that inspired that ammendment.
Are guns the problem? No, it's the idiots who use them. Not to sound barbaric, but whatever happend to settling things with fists? If you can't settle a disagreement without actual weapons, then you have deep issues.
America, as a whole, are not afraid of war, or taking actions which may result in the loss of life. This, I think reflects in these unbalanced people who go on shooting sprees.

What a horrible day.

Well I think O'rothlain summed it up...

Well Said...

and it is an absolutely day for the families and the community surrounding them.

It's a disgusting event to happen, whether it's in a school for little kids, teenagers, a university or any part of society.
I personally believe that it's down to the fact that guns are so readily available; alas my ignorance may make the fool of me yet and i have little knowledge on this issue. But i believe that if Britain had the same freedom to a gun the same things would be happening here. I however have no proof to base that on, just trying to sum up why i feel it is the fault of those dumb f***ers who are able to get their hands on guns.
You've got to feel for the families at this time...

The obvious answer to such an atrocity is "ban guns", but just how much is guns to blame for this?

And also, if the majority of citizens in the USA were in support of a ban, just how would you enforce a nation as tooled up as Somalia in regards to firearms.

A country where the police have to use similar armoured vehicles to travel around "no go areas" filled with guns shows a total failure in any policy be it social, law enforcement, state level or federal level.

In my opinion guns shouldn't be banned, but that the government should work harder to control the flow of unlicensed guns flowing into the wrong hands.

And also, if the majority of citizens in the USA were in support of a ban, just how would you enforce a nation as tooled up as Somalia in regards to firearms.
[/b]
To chime in on that statement, St. Louis (where I currently live) hosted over 60,000 NRA members this weekend. That's a small portion of these nutters. These are the deacon at your church, these are the small business owner you see every day, these are the stereotypical redneck "good ole boy" and the elite proffessional. In many states you can apply for a concealed weapon permit. So, we have who knows how many men, and yes women, walking our city streets (and rural communities) ready to "Make My Day."
This, is what is f___ed up.

Two things need to change in America:
  1. Gun Policy
  2. Social Morality
The first one, I know is the obvious of the conversation, but I am also a big believer in morals and the fact that Western Society in general (with America as it's flagship) have lost social responsibility and morality. Egocentricism and the need to fulfill "self" have left us with no compass as a society.

On a side note, all that they are showing on tv right now are interviews with the current victims in VA and past ones from all the other shootings (which is sad to say "all the other").

my opinion is that the american consitution is vastly outdated, and they just are reluctant to mess about with ammendmants that was decided some 200 years ago, the thing americans need to realise was tht the right for an american to own arms lol, was decided 200 years ago, where soceity was extremely different.

ripper no ones saying tht banning guns will stop it, but it certainly would lower the rate eventually. the uk stat is comparing it on a year by year basis, when its been banned, im telling you now, if the government decided to legalise guns in the uk, tht stat would more thn double it would f***ing rocket out of control.

unfortunatel though, when ever something involved america a huge political debate will ensue, which is fine, lets just not get racist towards america, cos to be fair they are still quite a navie and young constitution.

One thing that this incident illistrated is how easy is to go on campus in the USA and kill loads of people. I wonder how easy it would be to do this on a high-profile campus or at a prestiges ivy league college?

In my travels through the USA i wondered around MU, walked into the library, checked out some lecture, hung out on the grounds without seeing any form of security.

Maybe I should be advising Osama on his next soft American target?

Latest posts