• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aus v Geo. Nawaqantiawase knees Ivansishvili in the head!

bugsrandall

Academy Player
Is it my imagination or did Nawaqantiawase knee Ivansishvili in the head after he scored a try. It appears to me that he slides into the player knees first and makes significant contact with the players head after the try is scored. I might be wrong but, from the tv coverage I saw, they didn't even look at the incident. Anyone with thoughts on the matter?

Is it my imagination or did Nawaqantiawase knee Ivansishvili in the head after he scored a try. It appears to me that he slides into the player knees first and makes significant contact with the players head after the try is scored. I might be wrong but, from the tv coverage I saw, they didn't even look at the incident. Anyone with thoughts on the matter?
Agreed - I hate shithousery in the act, or within a second or so of a try being scored, whether it's sliding in on the scorer, or a high shot trying to prevent the try - It gets classed as "the try counts as penalty advantage", but I'd like to see a tweak where they end up with the try standing, and a restart penalty.

Agreed - I hate shithousery in the act, or within a second or so of a try being scored, whether it's sliding in on the scorer, or a high shot trying to prevent the try - It gets classed as "the try counts as penalty advantage", but I'd like to see a tweak where they end up with the try standing, and a restart penalty.
100% agree. I didn't notice this incident in the Aus v Georgia game as I was only half watching, but it happens regularly and often looks like an attempted cheap shot. Conceding an automatic pan at the resulting restart would quickly stamp it out.

Isn't that what the laws proscribe now?

Latest posts