• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aussie Haka

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the f*** was all that about?
That wasn't even funny...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold
[/b]

Yeah that is old. It's from the time around the RWC 2003. These guys performed it (on that beach) before the semi-final match between the All Blacks and Wallabies.

Reading some of the comments on that Bebo page was crazy. NZers saying it's alright it's just a joke the guys are having fun. Some of those comments came from Maoris. Look at it this way, those guys are making fun are you, you're encouraging them, so you think your culture is a joke? Just stupid

EDIT: '...those guys are making fun of you...'

If the maori's can accept it as a joke, why can't you?

those maoris don't understand. you see those you commented are just young girls and boys. Bebo is full of youths.

Lol not every maori would accept this.

I wouldn't accept it either, but that's only coz it's ****.
But you jump to the conclusion that they are all kids and they don't understand.
I was taught about my culture very early on in my life, and i'm sure the moari's are taught of their ancestory also. But one thing you surely have to take into mind is, if these are kids then they are very mature to accept it simply as a joke and be ok with it.
It's not very often you find mature kids (especially those who are safely hidden behind their monitors) being that wise about their words. I'd be slagging off people for the hell of it.
I just don't think you're giving them as much credit as they deserve.
They can make up their own minds...

I wouldn't accept it either, but that's only coz it's ****.
But you jump to the conclusion that they are all kids and they don't understand.
I was taught about my culture very early on in my life, and i'm sure the moari's are taught of their ancestory also. But one thing you surely have to take into mind is, if these are kids then they are very mature to accept it simply as a joke and be ok with it.
It's not very often you find mature kids (especially those who are safely hidden behind their monitors) being that wise about their words. I'd be slagging off people for the hell of it.
I just don't think you're giving them as much credit as they deserve.
They can make up their own minds...
[/b]

Make up their own minds...in a right way. The Maori culture is slowly fading off and is becoming more of a risk to New Zealand. Some of them don't even know how speak Maori. A lot of them get into gang shits, drugs etc. It's just lost.

the Maori culture won't ever fade out, it's an integral part of NZ life; Hell, even the Hawian yanks which still have a miniscule of polinesian desent (wven less then those Irish-Americans claim what they've got) sing and shout about it.

Let the arseholes do what they want, a culture like that will never die out.

Hell, I'm even an Englishman who knows the words, movements and meaning of a couple of them (Ka Mate and Timatanga), so all over the world there bound to be millions who will know what a Maori is about.

But some of the Maoris don't know how to defend their haka being mocked or performed in an inappropriate way. It's just speading rapidly. Of course I didn't mean that the Maori culture would disappear just like that. It's just becoming smaller and has likely 'forgotten' about the past.

I bet you watch that Willie and JT crap on TV1 and every week agree with Willie.

John whats-his-face (The Former Labour Politician) and that Willie DeWitt guy, hosts the radio and those dead end Talk Shows you see on at 11:30 at night.

Basically each week they pick a topic and debate about it. Each week it seems to involve Maori and each week DeWitt sides with the radical viewpoint (like this week, he said that the Maori culture should be put above all cultures, get all the funding, everyone has to go to a Marae and that all other cultures are wrong and so on) and John disagrees with him.

Couple of weeks ago Willie also said everyone should have to learn to speak Maori as well.

John whats-his-face (The Former Labour Politician) and that Willie DeWitt guy, hosts the radio and those dead end Talk Shows you see on at 11:30 at night.

Basically each week they pick a topic and debate about it. Each week it seems to involve Maori and each week DeWitt sides with the radical viewpoint (like this week, he said that the Maori culture should be put above all cultures, get all the funding, everyone has to go to a Marae and that all other cultures are wrong and so on) and John disagrees with him.

Couple of weeks ago Willie also said everyone should have to learn to speak Maori as well.
[/b]

Oh is that John Tamihere or something? never heard of Willie DeWitt. So what time do they come on TV One?

After Game of 2 Halves on Monday Night, only watch it because my remote is broken and can't be arsed turning the TV off.

:lol: hahaha ok then I'll remember next week to watch this 'crap' hehehe

You can't have an Australian haka... that would be disrespectful to the REAL haka, and we can't have that! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts