Austin Healy

Perthshire

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Scotland
Has anyone else taken a dislike to this Perennial referee basher

Every time a referee makes a decision, Healy goes off on one of his rants about how the referee has made the wrong decision

Maybe his local club should invite him to do a level entry referee's course! Then he would know how difficult refereeing the game of Rugby Union is :p

I make the above comment after having watched a game which Healy Commentated on

Has anyone else taken a dislike to this Perennial referee basher

Every time a referee makes a decision, Healy goes off on one of his rants about how the referee has made the wrong decision

Maybe his local club should invite him to do a level entry referee's course! Then he would know how difficult refereeing the game of Rugby Union is :p

I make the above comment after having watched a game which Healy Commentated on

He is not a commentator but is the one light of hope in an otherwise bag of crap that is BT Sport!!! He is a pretty good analyst and I for one like he gives his informed opinion rather than bland "do not upset anyone" rubbish they have!!!!

Austin was a great player with all the qualities that a Scrumhalf needs. Its not his playing ability that I have questioned but his constant referee bating. I wonder if his attitude towards the referee fraternity would change if he was to take a level entry referee's exam :rolleyes:

He is a pretty good analyst
That constantly criticises the Referee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes wasnt just a scrum half......he is a great analyst but his ref bashing is a bit tiresome.
Fair point Tailshort, however scrum half is were he played the most of his club and international rugby and the fact that he did play to such a high standard, you think he would respect what the referee's are trying to achieve on matchdays

Despise the man, pure and simple.

Plus he owes us money

I thought referee 'coaching' was a prerequisite for any scrumhalf worth their salt?

I had a funny feeling that this thread wasn't created to praise Healey!

Some of his analysis is very good, but he doesn't half come out with a load of rubbish too - I had to laugh when Jonny May scored his try against New Zealand, the day before, Healey had described his pace as "good but not exceptional" in an article in the Telegraph!

What on earth does nationality have to do with it? I wouldn't like Healey any more or less if he came from anywhere else.

He's a WUM. No one likes a WUM.

That said, when you realise half the stuff he says is to troll people rather than actual reasoned opinion, you're golden.

Last edited:
The guy is a complete mug. Not because of his views on refereeing neither.

I was under the impression that everyone with a passing knowledge of Austin Healy disliked him, albeit many admire him for his quality as a troll.

Latest posts