• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australasian Release Information

• Thread starter myusernameisprettybland
  • Start date
M

myusernameisprettybland

the official sony australian website has rugby challenge 2006 down as coming out on november 10th.... can anyone confirm this?

Nah, and I wouldnt hold your breath either until we here something straight from the source. If weve learnt anything from RL2 its that we shouldnt trust any release dates that are being thrown around.

In one of Trevor's recent posts he mentioned that they are hoping for a mid november 05 release.

95% of release dates are false in australia

PALGN - they have MCC and RL2 out at end of this month

GPSTORE - generally pretty clued in, but i have caught them out

PS2 - At some stage they will be accurate but coz they update that schedule monthly, its always out

Trev will confirm an aussie release, but I'd just order from the UK, as you normally save about AUD$5.00 per order (inc shipping), and u also get it before australia - DID IT FOR BLIC

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 25 2005, 11:35 AM

PS2 - At some stage they will be accurate but coz they update that schedule monthly, its always out

Trev will confirm an aussie release, but I'd just order from the UK, as you normally save about AUD$5.00 per order (inc shipping), and u also get it before australia - DID IT FOR BLIC
where can u order from in the UK? I wish Play.com delivered to Australia cause its only 18 pounds. Where is the cheapest and best place to pre-order from if i live in Australia? I don't mind ordering from UK or anywhere overseas.

Originally posted by coughas+Oct 25 2005, 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coughas @ Oct 25 2005, 04:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Oct 25 2005, 11:35 AM

where can u order from in the UK? I wish Play.com delivered to Australia cause its only 18 pounds. Where is the cheapest and best place to pre-order from if i live in Australia? I don't mind ordering from UK or anywhere overseas. [/b]
www.game.net - i know they deliver to australia

and i think amazon may aswell - but unsure

also keep a look out on www.dvdcrave.com.au - this aussie online mob sometimes gets software from the UK, and they are situated in south australia, for next day delivery

www.dvdcrave.com have this for november 11

i aint relying on that date, but if trev and ian can confirm the official release in australia that'd be great

or any release date, UK or SH............RC2006 is looking the goods

Not that I believe them but...

Originally posted by http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/2343.html
Swordfish Studios released Zinzan's World Championship Rugby last year to some reasonably positive feedback, and now the developer's latest ***le, Rugby Challenge 2006, is just two weeks from release!

RC2006 will release for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and will feature plenty of competitions to keep fans amused as well as all the official team and player licenses.

Note that last bit "all the official team and player licenses", they don't really know what they are talking about.

Links to buy:
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Search/?a=games&q...allenge+2006%22

Only NZ$80.90 for PS2, it's sad that Swordfish have had such bad luck with publishers, could've sold quite a few more I think if they'd had better luck.

1476362.jpg

Ther's nobody from france/italy on the cover. does that mean they are unlicensed? I don't care, I'm just waiting for the australian release!

I would wait for Trev before even speculating on release dates, he'll have a better idea.

About 99% of release out there so far have 10th or 11th Nov. i'm thinkin there's a very good chance of it being true. Only Play.com have different, from Feb to a Nov release, then its gone back to Feb again.
Like Trev has said, there's not gonna b much talk about it anywhere prior to release. Thanks the publishers for that, still can't believe they haven't posted any footage, even after the games finished. How lazy is that

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 1 2005, 11:05 PM
I would wait for Trev before even speculating on release dates, he'll have a better idea.
Or read one of the othere threads, where trev says:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
OK ... I have to pre-cursor this by saying that I am not able to communicate announcents concerning ship dates etc. This will be done by Hip/Ubisoft. I have no idea what they are thinking in terms of getting the game out other than knowing that they want to ship it asap. I also have no influence with them at all in this regard.

However, I know that it is very unlikely that we will ship mid-November. I think it is pretty much impossible from what I know of the manufacturing pipelines. I think it may be possible to get the PC version out by then but not the console versions.

I cannot discuss or disclose why ... but it has nothing to do with the development of the game.

When I hear more, I will let everyone know.[/b]

Know this is slightly OT, but just looking at UK release and amazon has xbox and ps2 moved back to 25 Nov but PC still on 11 Nov... which all ties in with what Trev said about PC version maybe sneaking out earlier. Trying to decide whether to order on PC as well as xbox now.....
<

February now for us?

Originally posted by http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/2631.html
Rugby Challenge 2006 release date confirmed
Posted by Matt on Monday, 19th December 2005 @ 10:24AM

We've been informed this morning that Rugby Challenge 2006 is looking good for a February release, meaning rugby fans will be spoiled for choice as the game releases alongside EA's new offering.

Rugby Challenge 2006 is Swordfish Studios' follow up to their World Championship Rugby, and it promises to deliver various improvements to that game.

arggghhhhhh

all gud atleast its comin out...with competition too!!

wooohoo..shud be good,will be renting both and testing them out

oh well at least it is coming out. obiviously sales might be cut a bit with competition from ea but hopefully it still sales a fair few down here.

Latest posts