• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v Ireland

The 1m law is s joke on my team our TH props are huge, the one who starts is bigger but has less technicque I think that law is useless once you get the shove on it's hard to stop.

can someone please tell me what's so good bout Kearney? he's slow, below average tackler and hes the last line of defense. ive only seen him catch up and unders, which hes not very good at anymore either. i'm hoping with the mass amount of youth talent coming through at wing and fullback they can push him out. Murphy for now but he's aging. the idea of earls at fullback sounds nice. 9. o'leary 10. sexton 11. trimble 12. bod 13. fitzgerald 14. bowe 15. earls. that to me has enough solidity and attacking spark, which has been missing. then to sort out the unsolvable issue with the front row...

The kicking game suited Kearney perfectly. If theres less kicking it'll expose his limitations which is attacking with ball in hand. Andrew Conway could be Irelands future full back.

I personally think Kearney has the ability to attack very well and when on form he is a slippery customer. His defence has actually improved and I think he is better than Murphy in defence. I d agree Conway is the future for Irelnd but at the moment Kearney just has to rediscover form as hehas great ability. The scrum at the moment is very weak and maybe if the Ireland had took decent scrummagers and worked on their open play instead of the otherway round we may not be in this position. I personally think Ireland scrum will be fairly poor untill the big under-20s come through they have a powerful scrum and a good lineout.

Why is Conway the future? why not Fitz (his preffered position), Earls ? Kearney will most likely roar back into form (hopefully!!)

I think when Kearney gets older Conway may take advantage and show his top form either way I can see Conway having a bright future.

ah yes Conway is an exciting prospect. hope to see him in the senior team more often next season!

Why is Conway the future? why not Fitz (his preffered position), Earls ? Kearney will most likely roar back into form (hopefully!!)

Conway's making his way through the ranks to top flight rugby pretty quick. Isn't he like 18 or 19?? So he obviously has bucket loads of talent. Fitzerald hasn't played there since schools I believe and whatever developing they have been doing with him at centre and wing would have been a waste. For Kearney, that's what we're all hoping! It better be one big dip in form and not let it be constant inconsistencies.

Conway's making his way through the ranks to top flight rugby pretty quick. Isn't he like 18 or 19?? So he obviously has bucket loads of talent. Fitzerald hasn't played there since schools I believe and whatever developing they have been doing with him at centre and wing would have been a waste. For Kearney, that's what we're all hoping! It better be one big dip in form and not let it be constant inconsistencies.

I agree I think Fitz should only be considered as full back in a state of emergancy. Conway clearly is a special player and he is a great attacking full back. I still think Kearney has just had a drop in form and just needs to reastablish himself. every player goes through good and bad patches.

Lads just to add in Earls can be an international star but not at 15. He'd only be cover there in emergency

Irish scrummaging is a laughing stock. Thats what happens when you totally neglect that area. They've finally gotten in some scrum coaches around the provinces but as far as next years world cup its too little too late. We should have an abundance of scrummagers because Irish people are generally on the stocky side.

POC hasn't had a great season for his normally high standards but he's had ****ly injuries and like most Irish players he needs a long summer off.

Cullen and even DOC are nowhere near as good as POC. His workrate alone is better then most international backrows'.

Agree with all this and I do agree Paulie has had more ****le injuries than were made public but he has been struggling for form although this rest could be best thing that couldve happened

Yeap, the amount of injuries we had in the pack could amount to be a good thing. they will get a long rest plus we've now tested guys like Cronin and Tuohy etc. hopefully guys like Fitzgerald, Ferris, and to a lesser extent Heaslip can come back all guns firing for November.

Latest posts