• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England (2nd Test) - 09/07/22

You're not from the Southern Hemisphere by any chance?

Mauls from a 5m line out are as tedious as they come, but you saw the damage Eng caused with one driving maul on Sat which gained them 20+ yards, tying in loads of Aussies in the time there might have been 5 'phases' that took maybe 2 opponents out of the game for 3 seconds each time with a net territory gain of 6.5 inches.

There's room for both, and decent teams should have both. I've always been amazed how few open field mauls and, for that matter, drop goals we see now. Just groupthink at its worst. Why would teams not use effective weapons? Surely the more options you have the harder it is to defend against?

Ermmm 6.5 inches is way above average

Because they don't make any damn sense. Rugby is about constant competition for the ball but suddenly in this one discreet circumstance obstruction is allowed and you cant tackle the ball carrier.

Fukn nonsense.
That's not true. Rugby has large parts of the game where players can't compete directly but do something like pushing in a scrum, pushing players in a ruck or pushing players backwards in a maul. All the same really.

Because they don't make any damn sense. Rugby is about constant competition for the ball but suddenly in this one discreet circumstance obstruction is allowed and you cant tackle the ball carrier.

Fukn nonsense.
I think you might prefer league pal.

I think you might prefer league pal.
Rugby is growing all over the world but no, it needs to change so an isolated country with the population of Mexico City can be appeased while they go and watch their preferred local sports.

Rugby is growing all over the world but no, it needs to change so an isolated country with the population of Mexico City can be appeased while they go and watch their preferred local sports.
Yeah - if this was actually true you'd have a point.

Latest posts