Australia vs England (2nd Test) - 09/07/22

FT: Australia 17-25 England
Australia:England
Metres gained - 295:366
Clean breaks - 3:3
Tackles - 130:110
Missed tackles - 16:29

Thats too many missed tackles

To our Aussie posters, is there a general move towards integrating traditional Aussie tribal languages and cultures in the country or is it more of a rugby thing?

99% of white Australians wouldn't be able to say a single word of any Aboriginal dialect. So no.

This is exactly the mediocre win scraping performance that will and has allowed EJ to stay.
I've lost patience with Eddie now, but this is still harsh. We were never going to dominate them for 80mins and ultimately, a win of any sort was more than I expected.

They had the opportunity to go 2-0 up in a stadium they rarely lose in. I think it's incredibly naive if you were somehow expecting a dominant win.

99% of white Australians wouldn't be able to say a single word of any Aboriginal dialect. So no.
No surprising. Since I was last there 20 years ago and speaking to Australians since the country is much more diverse in terms of other immigrants - Asians, other Mediterranean Europeans like Greek, Serbs and Croatians.

I've lost patience with Eddie now, but this is still harsh. We were never going to dominate them for 80mins and ultimately, a win of any sort was more than I expected.

They had the opportunity to go 2-0 up in a stadium they rarely lose in. I think it's incredibly naive if you were somehow expecting a dominant win.
Never in my wildest dreams do I expect a solid coherent England putting all their hands up and being on the same page, NZ semi final was the last time I recall seeing anything like that, my point was the occasional win like this just slightly masks the utterly terrible state of English rugby currently. I think playing with 14 and the emotion of finally beating England had a detrimental effect on Aus, as well as injuries, it was probably a slight improvement of last week but let's be honest to lose multiple games where opponents are down to 14 for large chunks of the game is unforgivable, all I hear from EJ is WC this WC that, I think if he did actually win it the price of a WC cycle of complete rubbish is too high.

Last edited:
I expect JVP will start next week. A word for Care though I thought last week he was often left to dig the ball out of the ruck with the forwards failing to provide a platform for quick ball.
Agreed. My biggest frustration about the match was that nobody much seemed to care about looking after ruck ball and providing a decent attacking platform.

How did Arundell get on today? I missed the last 10 min or so.

I think that is a little harsh, we wernt perfect and we let them back into the game but i think the prefermance was much improved from last week and actually had some shape. We played a territory game well early on pinning them back and capitalised.

We didnt keep it up for the 80 and let them back in, im not saying it was a perfect performance but alot of individuals stepped up.

We shouldnt be at this point but we are still in a rebuild and this is still real progress. This doesnt redeem EJ for all the crap hes put this team but it does show the team is going in the right direction.

Next week we will be without Itoje Curry Willis(maybe) Underhill got injured too right?

A tour wins a win. Aus have a very solid record in Brisbane, I thought Aus would kick on after last week.

Lost track of what JOC was up to since he returned to Aus. Was surprised to hear prior to the tour he was the fancied/form 10.

Anyone's game next week. Both teams prone to brain farts and ill discipline. Would like to see stats on England's conversion in the red zone. Felt we had several try scoring chances close to their line that a prem side would seldom blow.

How did Arundell get on today? I missed the last 10 min or so.
Gave away a penalty as soon as he came off the bench and then don't think he touched the ball once

Edit:
ESPN has his stats as 0 carries, 0 passes, 0 kicks, 0 tackles, 1 penalty

Gave away a penalty as soon as he came off the bench and then don't think he touched the ball once

Edit:
ESPN has his stats as 0 carries, 0 passes, 0 kicks, 0 tackles, 1 penalty
His pen was that slightly mistimed tackle to the player in the air? Thats the last thing i seen.

Thats a shame he didnt get a chance to carry

His pen was that slightly mistimed tackle to the player in the air? Thats the last thing i seen.
Essentially - he pushed the Aussie blocker over so they called it a tackle off the ball I think

Win is a win ,do I like how we play ...
Turn of events over this weekend, mean France need to implode not to win next WC .
Home advantage, form, Great brand in attack and defence.
Game on to pick up runners up medals.
Alot in with a shout.

Kind of bummed for the Wallabies. I had them taking this 3-0 and potentially nipping the RC. The coaches of their top 3 SE sides must be a lot better than I was giving them credit for. A very solid result for England. I'm assuming from the number of penalties that their pack actually bossed it for one of those too rare occasions?

Never in my wildest dreams do I expect a solid coherent England putting all their hands up and being on the same page, NZ semi final was the last time I recall seeing anything like that, my point was the occasional win like this just slightly masks the utterly terrible state of English rugby currently. I think playing with 14 and the emotion of finally beating England had a detrimental effect on Aus, as well as injuries, it was probably a slight improvement of last week but let's be honest to lose multiple games where opponents are down to 14 for large chunks of the game is unforgivable, all I hear from EJ is WC this WC that, I think if he did actually win it the price of a WC cycle of complete rubbish is too high.
Mutliple is more than one, but in this case I assume you mean two games? The Barbarians game (which is ultimately a meaningless, uncapped fixture) and last week?

As I said, I've lost patience with Eddie and I tend to agree with your last sentence, but let's not slit our wrists yet.

I'm not sure I agree English rugby is in an 'utterly terrible state'. The fact that our teams are losing to Leinster and significantly better funded French sides is not really that surprising is it?

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

A tour wins a win. Aus have a very solid record in Brisbane, I thought Aus would kick on after last week.

Lost track of what JOC was up to since he returned to Aus. Was surprised to hear prior to the tour he was the fancied/form 10.

Anyone's game next week. Both teams prone to brain farts and ill discipline. Would like to see stats on England's conversion in the red zone. Felt we had several try scoring chances close to their line that a prem side would seldom blow.
He's been playing well for the Reds.

Yeh absolutely smashed us off the park in the first 20. Dunno how you couldn't be happy with that.

No complaints about that - England the better side.

Tell you what though - the rules are kinda stupid. Elbow to a prone players throat - penalty. Drop an attempted intercept - send him OFF!

The hell?

No complaints about that - England the better side.

Tell you what though - the rules are kinda stupid. Elbow to a prone players throat - penalty. Deliberately try and knock down a try scoring pass - send him OFF!

The hell?
Fixed that for you.

Latest posts