• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 7 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 2 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Feb 2 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be the last to admit it, but it seems Australia's aura of invincibility is gone. No longer can we make excuses about every facet of play. It's time to admit the likes of South Africa are our equal.
[/b]

More along the lines of Sri Lanka being your equal whilst SA and India being the two superior teams in the world don't you reckon?
[/b][/quote]

One bad summer and we're equal with Sri Lanka?
[/b][/quote]

I was thinking one great period of cricket from Sri Lanka and a form slump from Australia which makes them equal. Sri Lanka have been brilliant with the likes of Dilshan, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Jayawardene, Mendis and Murali all at the top of their game. All those players would walk into the Aussie team at this very moment.
[/b][/quote]

Last year NO Sri Lankan players would've walked into the Aussie team when we killed them 2-0. I doubt that it's changed much a year later.
[/b][/quote]

well given the success that NZ and SA have had in having 2 decent spinners in the middle overs of the innings and that Australia's spinning options aren't up to much I think Murali and Mendis would walk into the side, even Jayasuriya would have a chance of ousting one hit wonder Warner.

Ponting has cut short his break to rejoin the Australian side for the crucial 3rd match in Sydney. Hard to say whether his presence would have made a difference though.

Call me a proud Irishman now - I'll be hiding under the blanket for the game today.

well you should be on course for victory now with Elliot just gone. Can't see NZ getting home from here.

didn't know what to watch there, the bat or the ball, doesn't matter now that it's for the Aussies, can't expect O'Brien and Patel to score at that run rate

and there it is, contrasting last 2 deliveries, Patel hits Bracken for 6 and next ball clean bowled.

well set now for an interesting finish to this match in Adelaide. Australia 110-3 chasing 245 with 23 overs left, they should get home from here although I doubt Haddin will be too pleased with his run out.

some poor decisions throughout the Australian innings where had those decisions gone NZs way it could have slowed the run rate and made it a closer affair.

well 2-2 after the first 4 matches and it all comes down to a 22 over match following the rain in Brisbane today. No Michael Clarke for the Aussies who misses out with a back injury so James Hopes opens the batting.

First wicket down for Australia with Hopes skying a ball into the grateful hands of Vettori, he's taken a number of those catches throughout this series and been solid every time.

Mills picks up his second wicket with a quality delivery to get Ponting out for only 2.

Timely change from the skipper bringing himself on and getting Hussey first ball, how he would have loved it to be Haddin though, right on song at the moment.

70-4

big chance missed by Elliot to get the run out, Ferguson breathes a sigh of relief.

let off for Ferguson again, in between some quality shots he's certainly led a charmed life.

Great partnership for the Aussies having been 70-4 and finishing on 168-4. Whether it's enough remains to be seen. You've got to think that 7.5 per over is doable but again a lot depends on the start from McCullum.

Fulton mistimes one to get out to Bracken with Ferguson taking the relatively easy catch.

Still though they're continuing where they left off as Guptil hits another 6.

Latest posts