• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian Open

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 26 2005, 06:13 PM
f***ing ripped off! That umpire should be shot. Long live Alicia Molik, you pushed the world number 1 all the way to the end.

4-6 6-4 7-9
Good match i must admit - Spose Davenports experience shone through, don't go blaming the umpires man
<

Who would want to be an umpire with the shite their given - especially line judges in tennis

But it was an absolutely crucial point. If the umpire hadn't stuffed up the call Molik may well have won the match. Instead she was broken which ended up costing her the match. She had her chances though. Alicia had about 14 break points in the third set yet she only capitalised on one.

Was surprised to hear that Federer was beaten by Safin today. Oh well that's both my tips gone.

Dissappointing that Sharapova was beaten, would have been nice to see her in the final.
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 28 2005, 08:23 AM
Dissappointing that Sharapova was beaten, would have been nice to see her in the final.
<
Yea, to 'see' her - not to hear her
<

My tip Roddick is still in, Sharapova had 4 match points!

How good was that game between Safin and Federer! I predict that neither Roddick or Lleyton will get close to him.

Yeah, cracker of a game. Safin is my fav player, followed by Roddick and Nadal... goooo Andy

Then Lleyton?
<
Austalia has some very unlikeable mens players at the moment. Lleyton and Mark must be some of the most hated in the world.

Crdeit to Hewitt for reaching his first final especially considering Roddick put 31 aces past him as well. Should be a great match with himself and Safin, although Safin still would be favourite and an extra day of rest won't do his chances any harm.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 29 2005, 02:23 AM
Crdeit to Hewitt for reaching his first final especially considering Roddick put 31 aces past him as well. Should be a great match with himself and Safin, although Safin still would be favourite and an extra day of rest won't do his chances any harm.
His first Australian Open final, not his first final.

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 28 2005, 09:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 28 2005, 09:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Jan 29 2005, 02:23 AM
His first Australian Open final, not his first final. [/b]
Do you think I didn't know that.
<

Just making sure.

Molik took out the doubles over Davenport with her Russian partner and I think the Aussie mixed team might have won as well.

P.S. I'm so nervous.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 28 2005, 09:58 PM
Then Lleyton?
<
Austalia has some very unlikeable mens players at the moment. Lleyton and Mark must be some of the most hated in the world.
Well, he seems to have toned down a bit, and after the final i would say he isn't as bad as i thought. All credit to Safin though for a great win, especially after That first set
<

I told you, he is just aggressive on the court, good guy off it. Did you hear he proposed to Bec Cartright after the game?

beccartwright_borderline_cover.jpg

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 31 2005, 06:45 PM
I told you, he is just aggressive on the court, good guy off it. Did you hear he proposed to Bec Cartright after the game?

beccartwright_borderline_cover.jpg
Yeah I heard that on the news too. Who would say no on a night your boyfriend needed cheering up?

Oh well....he has won at Wimbeldon. As a tennis player he can therefore die happy. Not forgetting his victory in New York.

On the topspin game Hewitt is very impressive. Only player to match him on hard courts would be Kuerten. On clay Hewitt is too quick.

I'm going to go investigate Top Spin at Eb next time I get the chance. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up cheap.

Latest posts