English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
EhjmDuQXgAASB-3

Same from an English and Welsh perspective.

I think we can safely assume France will make the final.

TBH I'd rather have games against Wales and Ireland. Not balanced from a tournament perspective but definitely the most interesting in terms of gauging where the teams stand post-lockdown. The only missed opportunity was putting Italy and Georgia together, that really should have happened.

Can't wait to win ugly v Wales, get our hopes up, let England go in dry and dirty and then have a nothing game v Georgia where we don't rotate anywhere near enough if at all.

Games against England and Wales while France have Scotland, Italy and Fiji. Very cool, very balanced.
It potentially benefits Eng, Ire and Wal more regarding Rankings points doesn't it? More points for beating high ranked teams?

Amazon Prime has broadcasting rights for 14/16 games - which is pretty cool (for people who have Prime already, anyway).

I'm guessing the two missing are England home games? Sky has a deathgrip on those, usually

Edit:
Turns out it's Ireland's games that aren't included.
Also Channel 4 will be showing a few games (Wales v Ireland, England v Ireland, Ireland v Georgia), and have a highlights show

1599818946879.png

Last edited:
Amazon Prime has broadcasting rights for 14/16 games - which is pretty cool (for people who have Prime already, anyway).

I'm guessing the two missing are England home games? Sky has a deathgrip on those, usually

Edit:
Turns out it's Ireland's games that aren't included.
Also Channel 4 will be showing a few games (Wales v Ireland, England v Ireland, Ireland v Georgia), and have a highlights show

View attachment 8463
Ireland's games will all be free to air here on RTE and then on Channel 4 as well as you said, which is great to see. Don't mind Amazon muscling in on rugby coverage a bit, but the more FTA games we have the better.

Hopefully it'll be covered by a free 30 day trial.

Believe Amazon's free trial is only 7 days and then a reduced amount for 6 months.

Still I only pay €6 a month so it's no where near as bad as Sky or Eir Sports, and you get some pretty good tv and movies as well.

Believe Amazon's free trial is only 7 days and then a reduced amount for 6 months.

Still I only pay €6 a month so it's no where near as bad as Sky or Eir Sports, and you get some pretty good tv and movies as well.
Aye, Prime is definitely the best paid one they could have gone with,
Cheaper than the alternatives, way more benefits (free shipping, kindle prime, regular prime video etc.), no contract, available on way more stuff (**** BT sport for trying to charge me extra to watch on my laptop/tablet, and charge me extra to cast from my phone) - plus if you sign up for a weeks free trial at the start of the tournament, and then buy one month, then you can probably do all your christmas shopping on there n all.
Make the money back just in the free shipping.

6 Nations is over, and now it's onto this. Can't wait! The groups are horribly balanced though.

Swap out Fiji for Spain or Russia and this would be a great quadrennial tournament in the autumn as a proper European Championship. It would ensure the T2 teams get more exposure to T1 teams, while still having big matches for top teams.

Run this again in 2024, with the top 2 from the ENC in 2023 season getting qualification.

Run this again in 2024, with the top 2 from the ENC in 2023 season getting qualification.
I'd suggest running it in Lions years.
Best would probably be to let France and Italy tour the SANZAR teams not hosting the Lions; then 4 home unions and 4 ENC teams, 2 pool of 4.
Maybe 4 home unions + 2 ENC and 2 PI?

Or given the depth, keep Italy up North for that, and let England's left-out players tour the South

Latest posts