• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Autumn Nations Cup 2020

Given LCD is out i hope Dunn gets real gametime . Willis needs to push Curry to 7 as that could be an epic partnership. I want to see our attacking backs play develop with Lawrence getting game time and less kicking.

Im actually looking forward to these games though, its highly imbalanced but England should have some good games

Given LCD is out i hope Dunn gets real gametime . Willis needs to push Curry to 7 as that could be an epic partnership. I want to see our attacking backs play develop with Lawrence getting game time and less kicking.

Im actually looking forward to these games though, its highly imbalanced but England should have some good games

I am just hoping that Jones was approaching the Italy game hoping to score well and just miscalculated how few errors the Italians would make but will use these games as proper development ones and let the side loose a bit more. If we just kick the leather off the ball again, I'll not be happy. You learn so little about the side if you just kick all the time.

I am just hoping that Jones was approaching the Italy game hoping to score well and just miscalculated how few errors the Italians would make but will use these games as proper development ones and let the side loose a bit more. If we just kick the leather off the ball again, I'll not be happy. You learn so little about the side if you just kick all the time.
Absolutely. I don't mind kicking when it's well judged and done at the right time with a good chase. What I hate is mindless kicking because that's what the game plan says.

Sometimes a more kicking based game is the right way to go. But against a poor, inexperienced Italian side it was mystifying. Watson must have thought he'd been transported back to the 1980s.

Wales have sacked their defence coach

The Autumn Nations Cup claims another victim

Wow that's decisive. I wonder how much say Pivac had in that. Could well be there was pressure from above to make changes and Hayward is the sacrificial lamb. Not ideal 5 days before your first game.
"The existing coaching team will manage the defence based on the foundations already put in place." That's not great either as the foundations were not working and it will just add pressure to existing coaching team. If Wales have a bad tournament losing 3 out of 4 games at worst, is Pivac's job on the line too?

The whole of Welsh rugby is on fire at the moment. People leaving their positions everywhere, regions have sunk to a new low results wise and the national team on it's worse run of results in years. Gethin Jenkins is apparently set on becoming defensive coach. It's a big step up for him and it's going to be straight into the firing line against England and Ireland.

Friday is going to be grim, one or both of us are going to realise just how **** we've become.

It's just the whole game that Wales look terrible at the moment. Can't defend, can't set piece, can't get over the gain line, can't retain the ball. It's a struggle to see what even their plan is in attack. Realistically Jenkins only has 4 days with the squad so I can't see what he could really do with the team in that little amount of time anyways. Honestly Wales just being able to string more than 5 phases together without knocking it on or giving away a ruck infringement will be an improvement.

It's just the whole game that Wales look terrible at the moment. Can't defend, can't set piece, can't get over the gain line, can't retain the ball. It's a struggle to see what even their plan is in attack. Realistically Jenkins only has 4 days with the squad so I can't see what he could really do with the team in that little amount of time anyways. Honestly Wales just being able to string more than 5 phases together without knocking it on or giving away a ruck infringement will be an improvement.
I haven't watched all their games under Pivac, but what I have watched has showed how effective Gatland was. His game plan may not be particularly exciting to watch and may look predictable, but the structure and discipline he installed in the Welsh side for the last decade or so has certainly been impressive (much as i hate to admit it!). I think the clamour for an exciting style of play has influenced Pivac a lot to the extent that he's trying to replace the structure, that got Wales up there with the best, with flair and an exciting style, instead of trying to complement it. There was an interesting column i read, i think it was on the BBC, about the parallels with the beginning of Townsend's time with Scotland where he tried to go all out attack and flair rugby, but has reigned it in - or at least given it a place alongside structure and organisation. I wonder if Pivac will be able to do the same, given enough time.

Unfortunately the rugby we all want to see does not really exist in the professional era. Even NZ, who are obviously the benchmark, have a very structured style of play. They just have the skills and ruthlessness to be able to pounce on any opportunity and exploit it.

Scotland without Russell or Hastings this autumn.

Not to worry, they've found another South Scotfrican.

Let's not throw stones...no nation is particularly covered in glory over this kind of thing.

Argentina maybe can judge. But mostly just cause they don't have anyone to steal from.

Z7HeRxU.png

I'm of the opinion you can take the **** out of anyone even if it also applies to your club/country

Like when Wasps fans kick off at Saracens for breaking the salary cap despite them being the only other team to be officially caught breaking the cap in recent years

Latest posts