• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 18

Please Olyy can you for once stop being so one eyed.

Honestly.

How is it being one eyed?
It's widely known that Cipriani's defence has been the best it has ever been the past two seasons,
Burns' attack and kicking has come on leaps and bounds recently but his physicality and defence is still poor.

How is it being one eyed?
It's widely known that Cipriani's defence has been the best it has ever been the past two seasons,
Burns' attack and kicking has come on leaps and bounds recently but his physicality and defence is still poor.

Physicatlity still poor but his Defence has improved alot.

Anyway we shall see come game day.

The one eyed comment was a bit of a jest comment.

I'd feel far more confident with Joe Ford starting, to be fair

Ciprianis been **** since his "once a wasp always a wasp" comment

That was a really crappy comment by Cips, considering what Sale have done for him and the fact Cips is still playing for a wasps rival.

He said that? Geez, that's a fairly poor attitude.

Do England players not have mandatory rest periods anymore? I thought it was written into the EPS agreement?
Surprised to see so many England guys starting for Saracens today, especially as they played the full 80 so often.

Doesn't seem to be doing immediate harm....

Do England players not have mandatory rest periods anymore? I thought it was written into the EPS agreement?
Surprised to see so many England guys starting for Saracens today, especially as they played the full 80 so often.

FWIW I agree with you. I suspect short term gain, long term pain type stuff here. That said if I were a club man and asked Billy how he felt and he said anything other than "I'm ****ed sir. I can't possibly play" then I'd play him. We might be watching an already good player get that confidence that makes him a true great. His initial footwork for a big ****er is awesome. Then when he gets going....... well that's kind of one of those nightmares you have as a back 3 player. "Why hasn't anyone else stopped him. I have a haircut to worry about"...............................

Ewers has looked pretty difficult to move at the breakdown. We may be able to survive without an out and out 7 if the rest of the team can cause problems at the breakdown, something they couldnt under lancaster. Itoje too is great at the breakdown, he really has no real weakness. Barrett proving again why he should never have been in the England squad, absolutely pathetic in attack.

Last edited:
Could you imagine playing against the Ivybridge side that Hill, Slade and Ewers played in?

Could you imagine playing against the Ivybridge side that Hill, Slade and Ewers played in?

If only!!

None of them played for the same school/club team. Whilst Hill and Ewers were both at Ivybridge, they were 2/3 years apart. Slade played for Plymouth College.

Cowan-Dickie and Nowell on the other hand, both played for Penzance together.

Great performance from Sarries, Exeter looked intimidated and outclassed bar a few individuals. Our front row needs something extra, hopefully Greg Holmes coming in will bring guidance and improvement to the young props. Rob Baxter needs to look for a top class loosehead and 9. These along with Holmes and Dave Dennis should help bolster the squad in key areas so Exe can front up against the big teams in these sorts of situations. Were getting there, but still a way to go. Spineless ref, but that had nothing to do with the result. Well done Saracens.

Ewers has looked pretty difficult to move at the breakdown. We may be able to survive without an out and out 7 if the rest of the team can cause problems at the breakdown, something they couldnt under lancaster. Itoje too is great at the breakdown, he really has no real weakness. Barrett proving again why he should never have been in the England squad, absolutely pathetic in attack.

I'm worried that Itoje will go the way of Cole and start giving too many penalties away at the breakdown.

Think that's fair

Great performance from Sarries, Exeter looked intimidated and outclassed bar a few individuals. Our front row needs something extra, hopefully Greg Holmes coming in will bring guidance and improvement to the young props. Rob Baxter needs to look for a top class loosehead and 9. These along with Holmes and Dave Dennis should help bolster the squad in key areas so Exe can front up against the big teams in these sorts of situations. Were getting there, but still a way to go. Spineless ref, but that had nothing to do with the result. Well done Saracens.

Yeah ref was a bit weak but basically they (Saracens) bullied Exeter. To be fair talking about stopping it is easier than doing it but Saracens dominated contact for the first 40 and then kicked on. Felt that the Exeter big names were effectively crushed by their immediate opposites. To be fair I thought Parling stood up but outside that pretty much one way traffic. I love Waldrom but Billy is getting to be unplayable at the moment. If you focus on stopping him, there are only another 14 players willing to take the offload he'll make. I'd like to see more from Slade. Good glimpses but a quality 12 would be like the best thing ever for England. Especially since it frees up wrecking machine 2 at 13. i know people love JJ (and he's quality) but you don't not play Manu (double neg?) do you?

Good game but the result never in doubt. That's a concern for Baxter I imagine.

Bath win looking forward to work on Tuesday now!

Very tight game, first time wuss have won 4 in a row now, this has never happened in the prem before

Eps need a rest at some point, but i don't think it has to be straight after. Exeter is too big a game to rest them.

Burns' defence in New Zealand was superb, he was hunting down Nonu by the end of the first test. Taking him low and behind the gainline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Too much onus on opposition analysis in <a href="https://twitter.com/premrugby">@premrugby</a> Know your &quot;enemy&quot; but focus more on you. Stop trying to stop. Start trying to start.</p>&mdash; Ben Ryan Fiji 7s (@benjaminryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/benjaminryan/status/713818093093400577">26 March 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sums up my thoughts nicely.

Latest posts