• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 5

Those two knockons were harsh on Bath. Banahan seemed to knock it back (as Austin said) and Flouw was tackled early.

Gawd I hate Batty.
And not just because has easily overtaken Hibbard in the "Worst lid in the Premiership" table

What a frustrating game of rugby from a Bath supporters point of view

Dan Cole on his first try for Tigers in six years and 78 games:

"My last try was worth four points"

"I'm more of a creator than a finisher"

Made me chuckle. Wonder how many assists he's got, actually...

That was terrible turgid error strewn game for Bath.

No complaints though score 0 points during a YC period and you don't deserve to win. couldn't help but feel if the weather was a slight bit kinder we'd have won but that's what you get by playing the tournament in the winter.

Enjoyed Highlights programme on ITV......Dearden and Flatman are entertaining!!

That was terrible turgid error strewn game for Bath.

No complaints though score 0 points during a YC period and you don't deserve to win. couldn't help but feel if the weather was a slight bit kinder we'd have won but that's what you get by playing the tournament in the winter.

"Rain and Bad Weather in English Winter Shocker! Ban this sick filth!"

Seriously though, what did Bath expect? All well and good spending bucketloads of money on exciting players, but they should be used to games like that and cover their basics. Frankly, they were lucky Tigers were throwing it about a bit; two seasons ago it would have never come out the jumper.

I think Bath are in danger of getting stuck in the hole Saracens were in two seasons ago: a very expensive set of flat track bullies. They're great against weaker teams, and produce a truly brilliant performance once in a blue moon, but once they're matched up front they regularly fall to bits.

All the boring, sensible bits seem to be missing - especially in the half-backs. Along with a few sub-par forwards hiding in the pack (*cough* Hooper *cough*). Maybe experience will help iron it out, but I can't see Bath kicking on and becoming a very good team for a while.

Latest posts