London%20Irish.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Wasps.png

Live on BT Sport
Leicester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Bath.png

Live on BT Sport

Saints, Sharks, Chiefs, Sarries, Wasps and Bath.

Particularly interested in seeing Wasps vs Irish after Wasps last performance. Eyes on Daly, Hask, Simpson and Launch in partiular. Just realised what a change it makes not having a team where the question is not whether they would win or lose but simply which side of 50 the final score would end on.

We could have a 18 year old at 10 and another one at 12 this will either be close or will get absoloutly wacked

Sale Sharks: 15. Mike Haley, 14. Tom Arscott, 13. Sam James, 12. Sam Tuitupou, 11. Will Addison, 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Chris Cusiter, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Vadim Cobilas, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Jonathan Mills, 6. Dan Braid (capt.), 7. Magnus Lund, 8. Josh Beaumont.

Replacements: 16. Cameron Neild, 17. Eifion Lewis Roberts, 18. Brian Mujati, 19. Andrei Ostrikov, 20. TJ Ioane, 21. Peter Stringer, 22. Joe Ford, 23. Mark Jennings

Don't think Leota is injured so it looks like Sam James is our first choice 13, which I'm very happy with (as much as I love Leota - I'd rotate him and Tuitupou at 12 from now on, as Sam is more strapping than man these days and I don't think his body could handle his physical game every week).
Would've have Ioane and Stringer starting, but good side either way. Great to see Fridge back - being able to bring on players as good as him and Mooj, into the front row, is a luxury we've not had in a long old time.
Sadly it looks like Seymour isn't over his concussion issues - played for the Jets on Wednesday and was supposed to be in the side this weekend if he came through unscathed, but no dice.

Tait captaining over Slater or B.Youngs?

I guess Tait is likely to play the whole 80, so makes sense.

Slater starting and Kitchener on the bench.

12301603_10153283783387496_1922281311171353742_n.jpg

I'll be annoyed (as an England fan) if slater and kitchner arnt starting each week. They need to be first choice so we can have them smashing up international rugby.

Kitchener has been injured for a while, first game back in the league.

Tait has been captain all season so far what with Slaters injury and youngs @ RWC.
Slater is still club captain but first start of the season (Due to being gradually played from the bench) guess Tigers want him to focus on playing for time being.

Bath:
15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Matt Banahan
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Horacio Agulla
10 George Ford
09 Niko Matawalu

1 Nick Auterac
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Stuart Hooper (c)
5 Tom Ellis
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw
8 Leroy Houston

Tom Dunn; Nathan Catt; Max Lahiff; David Denton; Guy Mercer
Chris Cook; Rhys Priestland; Tom Homer

So Denton in the lineup; Webber, Wilson, Attwood or Devoto completely out - I really hope that's simple rotation; very dangerous to drop Devoto especially whilst there are so many rumours about him leaving the club.
On the other side of the park - Bell at 10? with no-one to take over from the bench? seems a big risk to me there as well. If we can get in face we might be able to come out of this game with some points, though I generally think we'll be targetting a LBP come KO.

Bath:
15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Matt Banahan
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Horacio Agulla
10 George Ford
09 Niko Matawalu

1 Nick Auterac
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Stuart Hooper (c)
5 Tom Ellis
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw
8 Leroy Houston

Tom Dunn; Nathan Catt; Max Lahiff; David Denton; Guy Mercer
Chris Cook; Rhys Priestland; Tom Homer

So Denton in the lineup; Webber, Wilson, Attwood or Devoto completely out - I really hope that's simple rotation; very dangerous to drop Devoto especially whilst there are so many rumours about him leaving the club.
On the other side of the park - Bell at 10? with no-one to take over from the bench? seems a big risk to me there as well. If we can get in face we might be able to come out of this game with some points, though I generally think we'll be targetting a LBP come KO.

Great that Batty and Auterac are now starting, deserved to start last year. Very strange to drop Devoto and Attwood for this. We may have thrashed Tiger in an ungodly way last time but there is no guarentee it will happen again. Having said that Eastmond is not bad.

Great that Batty and Auterac are now starting, deserved to start last year. Very strange to drop Devoto and Attwood for this. We may have thrashed Tiger in an ungodly way last time but there is no guarentee it will happen again. Having said that Eastmond is not bad.

You didn't win in the Welford road fixture anyway.

Sounds like I missed a real thriller tonight
Naaaaaaahht

Ben Franks/ Cowan/Treviranus all back. Symons is captain shame Maitland is out. Please watch out for Jonny Williams wasps he is class at 12 and has a really bright future

If the Devoto rumours are true then it's about getting the best players on the pitch, if it's a tossup between banners and devoto, why invest in devoto?

Interesting Harlequins starting Dave Ward at 7. Maybe his time at hooked is over, he looked a great 7 the other week playing from hooker

Interesting Harlequins starting Dave Ward at 7. Maybe his time at hooked is over, he looked a great 7 the other week playing from hooker

That's a bit of an understatement - he looked ridiculously good.

If the Devoto rumours are true then it's about getting the best players on the pitch, if it's a tossup between banners and devoto, why invest in devoto?

Even if the speculation is true (I refuse to accept it as a full-on rumour), then it's really not a toss up between Devoto and Banahan at centre. TBH I can only really think that he's either picked up a knock, or both Devoto and Kyle are going to get a week off before the EPRC double header against Wasps.

IIRC he has topped weekly turnover stats playing hooker in the past and certainly gives away enough penalties to be a flanker! During his time at his previous club (Pirates) he played 7 quite a bit including in cup / play off finals. I'm not sure it means his hooking days are numbered, just that his skill set is that good. As a side note, if England wanted / needed turnovers from their front row and don't mind dodgy arrows (as evidenced by the selection of Cole and Youngs), I'm amazed that he hasn't got more of a look in for England.

Ben Spencer is a cracking little player. May end up being Sarries first choice 9.

Latest posts