• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 13

Definite head on head, probably a yellow for a passive hit
Agreed.
Nothing in it, but head hits head, might (shouldn't )get away with just a penalty.

Mind you, post-RWC might be nothing at all

When they show the overheads it's wild how much Manu still draws defensive attention - you can see why coaches love him even if some fans aren't so keen anymore

When they show the overheads it's wild how much Manu still draws defensive attention - you can see why coaches love him even if some fans aren't so keen anymore
He still a good to very good player.
He's just not world class anymore

Obano may be able to do that to AOF.
I don't fancy Schoemann's chances though.

So glad Finn's brought his new, Scottish boots with him today.

Redpath was held there IMO
Needed to release and go, not just stand and go

Last edited:
Momentum changes from the respective benches were huge,
Hopefully some more game time for that midfield helps close some of the gaps, think three tries came directly from midfield breaks

Didn't expect anything from the game, so ho hum

Some encouraging signs early on, at least, and back 3/Ford all played well

That's the season over now, though
8 losses on the bounce

It's nice watching after the game how a lot of the players just have a chat with each other afterwards.

8 losses on the bounce
That's actually crazy, especially with the quality Sale have. With that said I think the way Messi managed being down to 14 was the difference between the two. That drop goal broke Sale, sadly.

B*th have quite the mental depth though, anyone got the number of their accountant? He's doing an incredible job keeping it all under the cap.

That's actually crazy, especially with the quality Sale have
Part of it is injuries, at one point we had close to 20 senior players out,
Part of it is we don't have a plan B - plan A involved forward dominance, but take away the du Preez twins, the Curry twins, Cobus and Rodd and that evaporates - that was Rodd's first game since November and the impact he had in the first half was huge

I still think a big part of it was losing Forshaw (and Jono Ross) - think it's becoming more and more evident how much they were driving standards at the club - there was minimal player turnover from last year to this, but the difference in performance is huge. Even with the injuries we've had it doesn't excuse the performance level - I remember that mad stat that was like we won every game where we went down to 13 players. We can't even maintain intensity with 15 these days

Latest posts