• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 7

do you have any examples?

Halai has gone down softly a couple times. Also a centre, Daly I think, went down in the first 10 mins to try and get obstruction pen.

Anyway lucky second try for Sarries. Taylor unfortunate not to play like this when he had his chance internationally.

Why? Out of interest.

I think he can cover both, but prefer to keep the number of long-limbers to 2.
Think it's just personal preference - I don't really see him as big enough for an international lock, or at least I don't think a partnership with Launchbury would be very balanced.
I'd rather Attwood with Launchbury, with Itoje fighting for the 6 shirt.
He's certainly putting in big shifts in the donkey row, though, so I could be proven very wrong.

Mako has had a very good game, be interesting to compare to Marler's showing later today (I've not followed him much since the RWC).

Halai has gone down softly a couple times. Also a centre, Daly I think, went down in the first 10 mins to try and get obstruction pen.

Anyway lucky second try for Sarries. Taylor unfortunate not to play like this when he had his chance internationally.

Halai was staring at th high ball when he got bumped. He got straight back up. Just because Mullins said he went down easily doesn't make it correct. It also doesn't make it legal to take a player out.
The other time, the tackle on Halai was simply dangerous.

Anyway, Sarries deserve this. We're a complete mess. I wonder how long Wasps fans will try and convince themselves that we're going somewhere before admitting Dai can't take us there.

Halai was staring at th high ball when he got bumped. He got straight back up. Just because Mullins said he went down easily doesn't make it correct. It also doesn't make it legal to take a player out.
The other time, the tackle on Halai was simply dangerous.

Anyway, Sarries deserve this. We're a complete mess. I wonder how long Wasps fans will try and convince themselves that we're going somewhere before admitting Dai can't take us there.

Never said what Sarries was doing was legal! Wouldn't say so. Just saying that a couple Wasps players could have done more to stay on their feet. The obstruction on Halai was clearly so but I would say he saw Vunipola (I think it was).

Wasps only poor in periods of 2-3 mins at a time. Weird substitutions though. Also scrum halves are nightmares. Example 1 from Sarries and 2 from Wasps. It's like seeing flamingos wrestle.

Last edited:
That's fair enough, Olyy. If Ewers isn't available then I wouldn't mind him playing at 6 - but if he is then I'd prefer to see Itoje on the bench to see what a launch/Maro combo looks like at set piece.

"There's Chris Pennel, ball in both hands as he comes inside Jonathan Joseph"

Rugby commentary can be....interesting sometimes.

"There's Chris Pennel, ball in both hands as he comes inside Jonathan Joseph"

Rugby commentary can be....interesting sometimes.

Without learning more than I care to know about human anatomy: how's the Bath-Worcester game going?

Really enjoyed it, to be fair.
Bath didn't look great but Worcester went out all guns blazing.
LBP not a bad result for them, and they came quite close to a draw at the end.

Happy with that result, a draw would have been nice but at the start of the day I thought wuss were going to get hammered so I'm pleasantly suprised

Roko continuing to play really well.

Bath still collectively not quite clicking.

Two of the four referees for the Quins game are called Wayne. I don't trust it.

Loving the kits...black is so hot right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quality from Clifford.

Care showing he's not played with a real openside in his protesting to Barnes there :p

Kvesic and Itoje back row would be so good. Make a mess of oppo turnovers.
Lineouts would be cracking as well - Kvesic is as good a jumper as you could want for a 7 and Itoje is a quality jumper both on his own, and the oppositions, throw.

Gloucester must be looking forward to getting rid of Hibbard. Considering his CONSIDERABLE wage he is a liability in defence, and his lineout work is not good enough for a player of his reputation/experience.

Same goes for Afoa who is decent, but nowhere near the worth of his salary.

Credit has to go to Quins marketing, every year I see more and more fans in London, particularly out east... No doubt in part attributable to the big games.

Last edited:
Lineouts would be cracking as well - Kvesic is as good a jumper as you could want for a 7 and Itoje is a quality jumper both on his own, and the oppositions, throw.

Gloucester must be looking forward to getting rid of Hibbard. Considering his CONSIDERABLE wage he is a liability in defence, and his lineout work is not good enough for a player of his reputation/experience.

Would you say it's worth a consider?

Been enjoying Cliffords contributions as well.

Itoje - Clifford - Kvesic. That'll do pig. That'll do.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Laidlaw have a Scotland flag on his kit or is that my imagination?!

Latest posts