• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 8

Haywood is so much better than Hartley.

Just can't understand any argument to have Hartley in the England squad.

Should be a good game... the Championship match on Sky might be worth a watch too... lots of recent u20's players.

Conditions and overwhelming dominance of the Blues prevented it from becoming a great match but enjoyable as lots of action!

So excited for this game.
My only worry is that there has been a fair bit of rain in the North (understatement) and as well all know Wasps don't like rain and/or playing in the North.

lol - that video worked on you then??

Should be a good game but I'm worried for us. We've proven vulnerable when we put out smaller back-rows - and Hughes is currently very missed.
Neither Guy Thompson or Sam Jones are 8's / have the physicality to be good 8s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible decision making from Chudley at the end, might as well have waited 30s more and just punted the ball into the crowd for all the good that box kick could have done.

Over exaggeration, but he just rarely does it.
Could've gotten a clean turnover today but didn't hook and Saints ended up giving away a penalty for Lawes hooking it back with his hand.
It shouldn't be a "Maybe i'll hook, maybe I won't" - you should hook every scrum. Quick ball to the 8s feet instead of hoping you get a shove on and walk over it.

Symptom of me being a back, I guess - Stop farting about in scrums and actually go out to play rugby rather than just play for penalties.

What are the rules on dragging a tackled player? Surely ur supposed to release the player once he's held on the floor?

Gloss really need to update their pitch.

Last edited:
Right one more try and we can get the 5 points here. Would be a big statement to make tigers leave with nothing.

Newcastle win. Bath must be not great. We lost to Gloucester apparently the pitch was a joke

Garner is the new Steve Walsh . Horrendous refereeing he's allowing it to be such a mess at the breakdown also don't want to bring up old crap but how have Saracens got 30 odd international players on a 6 million pound salary cap ..... It's probably going to be good news for England but it's getting quite boring in the premiership

To be fair in this game the referees mistakes didn't have any effect on the game as such it's just frustrating . Sarries are too good for anyone in this league at the moment . You can't start Balmain, Thacker, Barrow and Crift at 7 against them and think you will get away with it . Imo it looked like Cockers threw the game

Last edited:
3 penalty tries in one match. Wow, is that a world record ?

Latest posts