• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 8

Nice try... There's no one quicker than Walker in England.

Even in this mire he looks rapid.

Charlie Matthews is a right ****.
Thought it for ages, proper cheap shot ******.

Meh, he is... But there's nothing in that.
The onus is on Heathcote to get out of the way.

Marler's playing well.... Not so great in the scrum though.

Last edited:
Get out of the way? In the process of kicking?

Agree on Marler, but his scrummaging is nothing too special though - Vunipola was excellent yesterday.
Care is playing well.

Get out of the way? In the process of kicking?

Yes - players are allowed to attempt to charge the ball down... Unless you've taken the red pill, you aren't going to be able to strafe in mid air.

That was a hell of a try!
Really like Ryan Mills, such a talented player.

Yes - players are allowed to attempt to charge the ball down...
You're also allowed to kick the ball without someone jumping their elbow into your head. The only person who knew what was happening was Matthews, who specifically jumped at Heathcote.
No issues with people charging down a kick, but to say that it's Heathcote's fault that Matthews knocked him unconscious is crazy. He can't just teleport a metre to the right mid kick.

That was awful refereeing again. Harlequins player was clearly pulled/held his shirt

I agree with Kay there... Walker was held back - he would likely have made a tackle on Dowson or regathered the ball if he wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say it was Heathcote's fault - just that Matthews is allowed to charge the ball down.
Players don't have a right to not be charged down or tackled - it's no different to when a fh throws a late pass... The do it at their own risk.

Blimey, that was all a bit heart in mouth towards the end.

With twenty left I was expecting Quins to push on for the bonus try. Pretty peeved that we didn't, especially after letting Glos back in last week.

Still can't complain. Likes Chisholm and Walker on the wings as well, glad we have so many options in the back three these days.

Pleased with the win, but I wish Wallace had choked. I want Kvesic ahead of him right now.

meh second half thought we played pretty well, first half was not good at all. Marler was made to look very average today in my opinion.

meh second half thought we played pretty well, first half was not good at all. Marler was made to look very average today in my opinion.

I've got to agree. I think it's an area of concern for England with the Six Nations not far off. Both Cole and Marler seem half the players they were a 12 months ago.

As for the match, I thought Worcester were lucky to get back into it. As people have mentioned, the pull-back before the final try was blatant - how did neither the ref nor the TMO even mention it?! I'm not complaining too much though having tipped Quins to win by 1-12 at 6/4! This said, I don't think Worcester will have any problems staying up this year. They have a decent pack and can compete with most premiership sides at home. Quins are creeping up the table gradually and going largely unnoticed. That's now 8/9 wins I believe - not to be ignored in talks about the top 4.

My only assumption on this is missing players in pre season build up has effected Bath more than most. Not too sure what's going on forwards wise but the world cup almost certainly caused disruption in training at 10, 13, 15 also minor headaches elsewhere from others who also went to Denver.

This is what really worries me. Apart from maybe Mako and George (neither of whom featured that much) every England forward who went to Denver seems to have rapidly regressed. None more so that Cole. Reading about how their weight objectives changed over the course of bombers reign, it makes you think he really has a lot to answer for.

What was the policy on the weight of players. I know Rowntree has said he didn't want heavier players etc.

There is the public argument between Attwood and Lancaster. Lancaster wanted him to play a different style to his normal game and when he didn't was dropped.

No idea specifically on the generalisation, though none of the forwards looked the same on return from Denver; and none looked fitter.

As for the Attwood vs Burt argument, that's a pretty Burt friendly simplification IIRC.
It was more about constantly changing goal posts, and meeting new targets not being enough "Lose weight, run more meters, hit more rucks" => "why have you lost your impact around the field, go to the gym, bulk up and increase your impact" => " you're too heavy, lose weight and increase your athleticism"

Last edited:
Ah sorry, I was in Attwoods court to be honest as I don't think he's the only one that has been puzzled by some of the requirements.

I think Cole looks a shadow of himself, and Marler does so far. Ill add Lawes in there aswell.

I cant understand why they have tried to change Dan Cole from a powerful scrummaging prop who is a good breakdown operator into an all action flanker type.

Jeremy Thrush broke a Premiership record last weekend by taking 16 lineout throws. It was only his fourth Premiership game and all. Good signing he's turning out to be!

Jeremy Thrush broke a Premiership record last weekend by taking 16 lineout throws. It was only his fourth Premiership game and all. Good signing he's turning out to be!

Or bad signing that he can't organise a line out and just calls it to himself.

I doubt the next game he plays he'll have such an easy time.

Not saying I believe that just another way of looking at it.

Latest posts