• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 - Round 20

He looked decent going forward initially, but hasn't really been selected (presumably because of defensive issues?).

I dunno, You see how well Solomona has taken to union compared to charnley and it's night and day.
Denny played as a kid but it's not really the same as senior rugby.

Realistically I think 2bps for us would be fair. We got some pretty defendable tries but none as bad as charnley's kick

True but Solomona has been something of an unusual transition - not many take to it so quickly and I think some of it has come from him not being taken seriously enough initially.
Now he's more of a known quantity, he doesn't seem quite so threatening and I do think his defence is suspect (it certainly was for Castleford, although he improved from year to year to be fair to him).

The two tries in the first half were a bit ridiculous, especially the one when Marshall just ran past the ball instead of taking it into touch.
That said, I do think you were unlucky to miss out on the lbp.

Bristol look really good with ball in hand. They could perhaps take it closer to the line but it's still hard to think that they are, statistically, the worst team in the premiership.

He looked decent going forward initially, but hasn't really been selected (presumably because of defensive issues?).

I disagree,
He showed(/shows) enthusiasm when he gets the ball but I can't recall him doing anything other than throw himself into contact. I'd unsurprised if he's made a line break in his game time.
Official line is that he's being eased in cause he's had no off season and they don't wanna burn him out, but realistically he's been dropped because he's not good enough, I don't think he'd be in the 23 if we hadn't promised him game time to get him to sign.

Bristol look really good with ball in hand. They could perhaps take it closer to the line but it's still hard to think that they are, statistically, the worst team in the premiership.

Its been a season of two halves for us. The Robinson half where we were the worst, by a long way. And the Tainton half where theres been a progressive improvement in many areas but not quite enough in others, especially in the ones that matter

It's like they wrote this just for me <3
The 18-year-old flanker forced six turnovers during the match, which was not just the most of the weekend, but the highest from any player in an Aviva Premiership match since February 2015.

In fact, the only player to have ever made more since OPTA started recording data is David Seymour, who made seven for the Sharks against Bath Rugby in December 2011.
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/new...d-jason-woodward-top-the-opta-rugby-rankings/

Latest posts