• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 12

Just watched the Sarries v Irish game.

Was pleased to see Mako put in a very impressive scrummaging performance. He obviously was able to showcase his USP of great hands, i.e. Short delayed pass to help create the try.

But in regards to the scrum, he has been the subject of doubt for his ability here (media mostly I think). In a few of these scrims today, his opposition kept backing off and wanting to drop the scrum, but Mako kept him up and pushed back strongly too.

Decent game are attack is rubbish apart from Lewington also we are so small in the pack.

I also get the impression from interviews today, and reading his comments earlier this week, that Brian Smith has given up. He sounds depressed, and no belief, only focusing on negatives and excuses.

Interesting....I didn't think Mako looked impressive at all in the scrums. I think he's totally over rated and should not be in the England squad.

- - - Updated - - -

And sadly watching this Exeter / GLos is two hours Ill never get back. Unless it improves dramatically in the second half.

This just got exciting Twelvetrees and hook have no communication.

Twelvetrees is poor.
3 tries in three minutes at least got rid of the utter boredom for a few minutes.

I've only started watching since half-time, but I think Sharples is playing very well at fullback. We are seeing an attacking side to his game that we haven't seen in a long time.

Another MOTM for Kvesic :lol:

I reckon he has more MOTMs this season than the rest of Gloucester combined.

Gloucester are feeling like a team that are being dragged up by a few individuals.

Gloucester are feeling like a team that are being dragged up by a few individuals.
Yeah: Kvesic, Morgan, Laidlaw, Savage and Palmer in particular. May and Sharples are great too, but don't get much chance to shine.

Best 2nd half of rugby I have seen this season. Nowell must be back in the England mix now. Even that 7 for Gloucester had a decent shift....

Have Gloucester got a new 7?

About time that kvesic chap just never lived up to his potential.....

Think that boy Nowell is very lively also Hill bring Nowell in on the wing and Watson to full back

No one runs down Maggie's channel!*

m2qRxN.gif

The rematch is tomorrow!
But isn't that what England's missing? A blindside who is one of the top lineout takers in the premiership (Lancaster specifically said that Wood takes most of England's lineout ball, as a reason that he deserves his spot), can dump tackle the biggest guy on the pitch and then get straight back up and steal the ball (believe this tackle ended in a Sale penalty, rather than clean turnover).

*inb4 someone posts the youtube clip of Waldrom bouncing him - Maggy had already over run so Waldrom hit him side on and it didn't count! :p

Last edited:
Pretty sure Johnson is SA quailifed although I agree the way he place the ball back was poetic using his power to jump backwards to give himself more time a thing of beauty.

no offense Olyy but this isn't the rematch people are looking forward to tomorrow.

Latest posts