• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 16/17 Round 11

That third Saints try was genuinely hilarious
Myler didn't retreat 10, though

That third Saints try was genuinely hilarious
Myler didn't retreat 10, though

He was never on side, I didn't get that all. The ref was a little hit and miss all game but you guys really needed a better game plan.

He was great last season from what I remember.

Wonder if
10 Ford
12 Macginty
13 James

Could work like
Ford
Eastmond
Joesph

Did for Bath?

I'm really curious, obviously it would be a big shock if Ford does not leave Bath now but do we really all think Sale is his destination? It's the word on everyone's lips and is what I'm hearing from far more knowledgeable people than myself. However I just don't see it or get it ( even though I appreciate on paper there backs could be really exciting and the potential of Sake in general )not when you consider surely Saints, Tigers and Wasps would be interested. As a Wasps fan I know we probably won't go for him but I'd have him any day over Cips who I think whilst mercurial is a liability and will cost us at some point this season. Surely Tigers and Saints are sniffing around too

I'm really curious, obviously it would be a big shock if Ford does not leave Bath now but do we really all think Sale is his destination? It's the word on everyone's lips and is what I'm hearing from far more knowledgeable people than myself. However I just don't see it or get it ( even though I appreciate on paper there backs could be really exciting and the potential of Sake in general )not when you consider surely Saints, Tigers and Wasps would be interested. As a Wasps fan I know we probably won't go for him but I'd have him any day over Cips who I think whilst mercurial is a liability and will cost us at some point this season. Surely Tigers and Saints are sniffing around too

Tigers seem too well stocked at 10, saints kill fly halves not develop them so it doesn't really leave many other sides.

The problem sale will have is when we or wasps come shopping, sale is usually the first port of call. If we raid all the decent young players again they'll be up hit creek!

He was never on side, I didn't get that all. The ref was a little hit and miss all game but you guys really needed a better game plan.
Yeah, keeping it tight straight up wasn't working but no one made the call to go to the backs. It's the issue when you've got an inexperienced 10 and a 9 who can't pass.
I don't even mind the 3rd try, we deserved to concede it for how crap we were

Tigers IMO need to spend money on forwards and one top back 3 player.

If Owen leaves we will need another 10 Hardwick is coming up through the academy but is only 17 (has started a couple of A league games and played in the preseason friendlies) but is a couple years of really.

We have the talent IMO the rest is higher up.

Tigers IMO need to spend money on forwards and one top back 3 player.

If Owen leaves we will need another 10 Hardwick is coming up through the academy but is only 17 (has started a couple of A league games and played in the preseason friendlies) but is a couple years of really.

We have the talent IMO the rest is higher up.

Are Pietersen, Veainu and Betham not enough top back 3 players for you?

One more should do it.

With Tigers you have to factor in injuries.

11) Veainu, Betham, Yawayawa
14) Pieterson, Thompstone, Catchpole
15) Smith, Worth

Looks pretty good to me ;)

You prefer Veainu as a winger? I always thought he performed far better at fullback where he has space to work with. I don't think he has the out and out pace to be a top winger, but with the freedom he gets at fullback, his feet can tear teams apart. My ideal Tigers back line (which will never happen due to your inability to keep players fit) is:

9. Youngs
10. Williams
11. Pietersen
12. Toomua
13. Tuilagi
14. Betham
15. Veainu

Veainu is a great counter attacking FB BUT his kicking and positional game can be found wanting.

Both of which are pretty key against the big teams.

His pace is fine he is very quick as shown by his World Cup highlights reel. (Tigers tend to play two FB's system anyway).

Yep, always forget that junior rugby is considered senior.
Not only that but that they've been scratched the old rule of it only counting against another nation with the same stupid designation.

God Bath are frustrating at times. Wade's try was great but someone should have tackled him. The other 2 have come from basic errors that Bath really should not be making. Hell that last breakdown before the Youngs try had 2 Bath forwards just standing there watching it happen, either of them could have prevented it but they didn't bother.

Well he's played Wales U20 and don't Wales consider U20 as representative level? Remember Steve Shingler!

- - - Updated - - -

In the hierarchy for sure but Youngs got more talent.

Disagree Moriarty has huge amount of potential and Talent for a Backrower IMO. Not saying Young shouldn't be with Wales but he would have to be using a Wildcard i think for him which won't happen.

Disagree Moriarty has huge amount of potential and Talent for a Backrower IMO. Not saying Young shouldn't be with Wales but he would have to be using a Wildcard i think for him which won't happen.

To be young sand moriarty are really different players both with a fair amount of potential.

Youngs is the classic 7. Mariarty is a hardworking, rucking, carrying 6 who can cover 8. Can't really compare them skill wise.

Edit: am drunk so sorry about typos

Last edited:
Noticed Cipriani has gone back to wearing a scrumcap.
Bloody southerners.

Latest posts