• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 19

Who was the wasps 7 looked very good, one for the future maybe.

I think that was Guy Thompson in 7 this weekend. Signed from the Championship this season.

IMO Wasps need at least one more quality centre option, preferably a 12 with some experience. Until that happens they're going to be hamstrung every time they need to rest first choice guys and are going to struggle to bring their academy guys through.

Awks...

Isn;t Toby Booth, who coached an Irish when Murphy was there, on the staff at Bath now? I know Murphy played a bit of tight head there and Booth will know that. Glos may be in quite a bit of trouble.

I deleted that post because apparently Murphy went on and Yann Thomas moved to TH.

I still don't really accept the idea that it's dangerous - difficult... yes, not dangerous.
Up until a couple of seasons ago every bench prop had to cover both sides.

I remember in that wales game, when the scrums went uncontested, Hibbard offered to play loosehead so that it wouldn't happen.

I'm not sure he's going to fit in with the culture at Glaws.

I think that was Guy Thompson in 7 this weekend. Signed from the Championship this season.

IMO Wasps need at least one more quality centre option, preferably a 12 with some experience. Until that happens they're going to be hamstrung every time they need to rest first choice guys and are going to struggle to bring their academy guys through.

I think they should move Daley there. He used to be a 10 (iirc).

For those criticising the uncontested scrums, I think Davies is absolutely right on this. Murphy has played tighthead, but that was more than three years ago, in a time when rugby only had one prop on the bench, to cover both sides of the scrum. He hasn't trained at tighthead since. In particular, he won't have trained at tighthead under the new scrum engagement rules. It's not safe to give him his baptism in an Aviva Premiership game.

Shedweb is down!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Goes down every game. Gloucester, as far as I know, are the only club where an unofficial fan forum (run solely by one guy) is the go-to forum rather than an official/rugbynetwork forum. There may be some upsides to this, but the downside is certainly that the server is not as reliable as others and a post-match flurry of activity where everyone wants to post their feelings (good or bad) has a tendency to put the server down for a bit, until the activity has come down.

Last edited:
Disgusting, but not surprising, behaviour from the self appointed "best fans in the league".
I hope Wigglesworth makes a formal complaint and they ban whoever did it, like they did with the guy who threw a drink at Daly.
Apparently the Bath bus was pelted as well.
Turns out that the person who threw the bottle was a schoolboy on a day out with classmates and teachers. He's apparently not a member/regular supporter of the club:
http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/story/221791.html

Lesson learnt: don't invite football fans to rugby games. :p

But I also didn't think it was fair to criticise the club's supporters for the actions of one person. After this has emerged, I think it is even less fair.

I like the shed full of good banter but there is always the minority who give the majority a bad name.

Bath players didn't help to much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adequate imo.

Once Knoyle started striking he was fair game TBH - if it was only one punch then it would be different.

Nope.

In addition, Abendanon and Paul James have been given post-match Level One citings - the equivalent of a foul play yellow card - for striking Knoyle and a stamp on Shaun Knight respectively. No hearings will be held for these citings.

Ah. Fair enough.

It was a wild few minutes.

Think Abendanon was OTT but yellow sounds right.