• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 19

Beautifully weighted kick there from Eoin.

How many ****ing camera angles does this ******* director want to use though?
80% of the game should be from the same halfway-line camera.

Last edited:
Eoin? :p

Was a cracking kick - literally couldn't have been better, bounced right into strettle's path as he hit it.

Sarries second try was mental!

Last edited:
Beautifully weighted kick there from Eoin.

How many ****ing camera angles does this ******* director want to use though?
80% of the game should be from the same halfway-line camera.

Was just sat thinking I wish I could turn off the ref cam etc....

Sarries are playing with a lot of pace but those block and slides they keep running are not holding the saints defence at all.

Can't help but think they are running them for the sake of running them... They are better when they attack the line or pass through the front.

Surely that's illegal from Brits there?

Once you are on the floor you are out of play until you have got back on your feet... i.e. you can't play the ball or tackle until you've stood up again... can anyone confirm?

Surely that's illegal from Brits there?

Once you are on the floor you are out of play until you have got back on your feet... i.e. you can't play the ball or tackle until you've stood up again... can anyone confirm?

That's what I thought.

Bosch could've knocked that over from his 22! Mental!

Saints support play is infuriating. They're picking and going and not having any support whatsoever, leaving Sarries to go for the ball at will and win penalties.

Last edited:
Saints support play is infuriating. They're picking and going and not having any support whatsoever, leaving Sarries to go for the ball at will and win penalties.

Yep, seems crazy from the sidelines.

If Farrell can master those stabbing grubbers that would be nice - with a player like Wade that could be lethal.
He certainly seems confident in them.

Hodgson will probably suit this game hope it's nothing serious for Farrell.

Can't sees how saints will claw this back. Their exit strategies are really not helping them get out of their danger areas.

Saints lacking the incision and fluency of the first half of the season.

I love Mark McCall's thinking at 50mins.

"What this game needs right now is a fat bloke to come on and give away some penalties. Matt Stevens - you're on!" :lol::lol:

Watched the Glos/Bath game back last night and I've got to say, I though Wrigglesworth was spot on with the cards. Yes he got Tindal insteal of May for one of them, bit both players were slowing the ball down and in the case of a yellow for an offence like that I've always thought it is more about punnishing the team rather than the individual. All the others were spot on though. I think we've got a bit used to refs giving multiple warnings but being scared to act upon them once warnings are given. What we saw yesterday was a ref giving warnings over repeat offenses and then being consistent in acting upon them.

As for Tavis Knoyle, what an idiot. I doubt he'll play again this season, I can't see any defense for running after an opposition player and nutting them as they're turning away.

Not meaning this as a dig at and Glos fans here (who don't reflect anything I'm about to say) but has anyone else noticed a lot of negative vibes coming out of the club this season? When I can't watch a game I usually follow it on Twitter and I've noticed that the whoever runs the Glos social media operation has absolutly no qualms in questioning the ref during the game. Other clubs usually keep their live feeds fairly impartial when refering to descisions that go against them but not so Glos. Both during the game and afterwards I've seen the official club account post critisism of the ref freely. Maybe its only a small thing but when you looks back at that after the on pitch madness, bottle throwing, booing and rubbish spouted by fans on Shed Web seems as if there is a real nagetivity hovering around the club.

On a completely unrelated note, when will Wasps sign enough backs to give them a decent second team?

On a completely unrelated note, when will Wasps sign enough backs to give them a decent second team?

when they get enough cash i suppose.

I'm not too impressed with Dai Young if i'm honest, his signing have been bargain bin at best. To be honest i'd love for us to have brought Dean Ryan back instead of letting him go to Worcester - there seems ot have been a real mentality gone from Wasps - we had it for years, the old once a wasp saying etc... now we just seem to be a bunch fo journey men.

I think his signings in the forwards have been fairly strong and cost effective. Obviously there isn't much money around for high end players but guys like Thompson and Nathan Hughes have come in on the cheap and been impressive. Its the backs that seem to be where you've just got players filling a hole. Both Bells, Short (signed for half a season), Carlisle, none of them really inspire any confidence IMO.

Didn't know Leuia was confirmed, thats good at least.

I don't know what Wasps have done to Tommy Bell - he was brilliant for us in the academy/getting a few appearances. On loan at Leeds he was brilliant, arguably the best player in the championship. Moves to wasps and looks average at very best.

Completely agree about Gloucester as well - ever since Ryan Walkinshaw took the reigns they've been on a downward spiral. They were always my 'second' team, but now I can't stand them despite having some players I really like, there.

Last edited:
Leuia isn't officially confirmed - but he and his girlfriend have both said he is.

Latest posts