• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 19

**** performance. Won't be sorry to see the back of Thomas and Gaskell.

Devestated to be losing Peel though.

Got to agree with you there mate. Peel looked devastating at times while Thomas and Gaskell were, well, s***. Cips didn't fire at all!

From a Quins POV I was hoping for more. We were clearly in control but seemed not to know when to take a deep breath and stop trying to force things. I love the offload game but the ball does not need to be popped up from every ruck!

Sinckler looked lovely at scrum time and made some good carries.

Overall, pleasantly surprised with the result.

One thing that confused me was the turnover after our 2nd try.
Easter tries to hold up our man, and then they both go to ground - referee shouts tackle only. Easter then rips the ball - he's not allowed to do this at all, as a tackle has been called. He has to release, get to his feet, and then go for it - he wasn't in possession when the players hit the floor, he just played it back when Miller(?) tried to present it.
Doesn't make a difference either way, but I thought it was pretty poor of Barnes considering it was right under his nose.

Breakdown was a mess all night. You're right, probably should have been a penalty, unless he had his hands on the ball? But then surely if he wasn't on his feet it doesn't matter anyway?

On the Quins try that was disallowed - Barnes asked for "any reason..." and the TMO said "In my opinion it was held up".
In that situation he needs definitive evidence that no try has been scored doesn't he? He can't just conclude that it was "probably" held up.

Not saying it was the wrong decision - but he did not follow the protocol.

Sinckler did look good - would have looked better if the Fridge was made to stay square.

Dunno tbh.

I think we'll either take control early and coast or it'll be tight - I'd be surprised if we lost... but I wouldn't rule it out.

Tiggers starting 15 beats ours in 14 of 15 positions. I prefer Hughes to crane but to some that might be questionable. Hues certainly has more potential but is quite chaotic, giving away penalties and making errors with ball. Last year swainston was better than balmain but not any longer.

Bloody hell. We really are ****; what a sad state of affairs that we rest a few players and immediately stand no chance in a game.
What's saddest is reading the wasps boards. The fans are clueless. Their mentality is 'wasps as family' so they lack the ability to think critically about our weaknesses. 'get behind the boys in black and gold'; sure, I'll get behind the ones who aren't total ****.

This ref loves a card haha

Edit: It has made the end of this game awesome though :)

Amazing game between Bath and Gloucester! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I love Rugby Union!

Can glous get docked points or fined for saying Murphy can't play TH when he has for Irish on a AP level?

disgraceful move by davies glad they didn't win.

I enjoyed it Rats, the last 10-15min anyway even if it was idiotic reffing.

Can glous get docked points or fined for saying Murphy can't play TH when he has for Irish on a AP level?

disgraceful move by davies glad they didn't win.

I wondered why it went uncontested (only following on twitter at work) - Gloucester would've much rather had a full back row and go uncontested than have the extra prop and get dicked in the scrum.
Hopefully they look into it.