BENCH:
16: James Tracy
17: Martin Moore
18: Leo Auva'a
19: Daniel Leavy
20: Adam Griggs
21: Jordan Coghlan
22: Adam Byrne

Decent team but am expecting a loss. Pity it's not after the Amlin could be bolstered with some who weren't overly involved.

That looks a good team ginger. They could give Newcastle a run for their money.

What happened to Leo Auv'a was a good Rabo player last season and he can't even make the starting line up in the A team this year?

While it would be nice to see Leinster win the tournament, it's pretty insignificant when compares to player development. Hopefully four or five of this line up can push on and become regular players in the top XXIII squads next season.

I really think the B&I Cup is becoming a waste of time. There's still no sponsor, poor attendances, no TV coverage and judging from Newcastle's selection for the final, the Championship clubs don't care about it either. From an Irish perspective, if the A provincial teams are only facing second string English Championship sides, now does that help development?

I'd propose two alternative proposals (probably unrealistic) for the Irish provinces:
1. A home and away league with the Scottish regions and games to be played on the same weekend as corresponding Pro 12 fixtures. On Heineken Cup weekends they play challenge matches against teams from developing nations (such as Enisey-STM from Russia).
2. Try gain entry to the Aviva A League.

Newcastle 17 - 18 Leinster A. I think the game went to extra time and Noel Reid scored with a penalty, 1 min to go.

Newcastle 17 - 18 Leinster A. I think the game went to extra time and Noel Reid scored with a penalty, 1 min to go.

Yeah apparently Heaslip said it in a very good interview after sky finished up.

Now for the treble!

Andrew Boyle after the game.

BKjRtlhCAAAO1qL.jpg:large

What colour star do Leinster get on their jersey for winning the B&I Cup?

Hopefully the win spurs a few of these players on to want greater success. Good to see Noel Reid nail a relatively high pressure kick to win the tournament. It should stand him in good stead in future.

Latest posts