• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Backline Moves

U

UrsuS

Can anyone tell me what the various backline moves are and how they run, I always seems to pop the ball into no-mans land.
How does one go about executing the moves and what do the symbols mean.
(PC ver if it makes any difference)

Thanks

Originally posted by UrsuS@May 3 2005, 09:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what the various backline moves are and how they run, I always seems to pop the ball into no-mans land.
How does one go about executing the moves and what do the symbols mean.
(PC ver if it makes any difference)

Thanks
If you're using a controller on the PC you've got to work out which button corresponds to numbers 1-4. I use a playstation controller for my PC and the configerations are:

Triangle - button 1

Circle - button 2

x - button 3

Square - button 4

Once you know this executing the moves is easy -

when in possession of the ball, from the ruck or scrum, use the direction button to chose the set move you want i.e classic, pivot, dummy switch or pocket. When you've selected a move the triangle above the ruck will start flashing. Do NOT start the move yet. You have to wait until the triangle has turned green, and stopped flashing. You may need to add more players into the ruck to prevent the opposition turning the ball over.

Once the triangle is green pass the ball out as normal. When the ball gets to the fly half you have to decide which man you want to pass the ball to, by chosing the corresponding button above his head. Once your man has the ball you resume control.

explanation of moves

Classic - 1-3 short to mis move passes along the line. Pressing button four will make the fly half do a chip kick

Pivot - again button four makes fly half do chip kick. 1-3 various pivot moves wherby fly half passes to inside centre, inside centre passes back to fly half, fly half passes out to outside centre (button 2) or wing (button 3)

Dummy switch - havn't tried much but really speaks for itself, Flyhalf dummies opposite man by pretending to instigate varous switch moves.

Pocket - fly half steps back into the pocket giving you room for kicking moves

hope this helps

Originally posted by MCab@May 4 2005, 02:09 AM
Dummy switch never seems to work. My FH always gets sacked.

Peace,

MCab
True - that why I never really use it! I find pivot can be good esp if you hit button 4 for a chip or button 2 to get the ball out the the outside centre.

Button 3 for classic move is the best

Yeh, dummy switch usually leads to your outside half getting dumped.

Most effective is Classic, with the ball going to the outside centre (or possibly full-back). This often leads to you breaking the defensive line big time.

yea the defence always flies up so its the best option to get the ball out wide asap. i dont like the fact you cant do set moves off a lineout tho! that ****** me off as the defence seems to come up even faster off them!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what they look like to me on the playstation ... apolgies for any errors.
Have to say, something like this in the instruction book would have been a little helpful!!

Rugby2005-DummySwitch.JPG

Rugby2005-Pivot.JPG

Rugby2005-Classic.JPG

The Poket one just involves the FlyHalf dropping back a little to give more time to kick.

Originally posted by jimmy44@May 3 2005, 11:17 PM
Once the triangle is green pass the ball out as normal. When the ball gets to the fly half you have to decide which man you want to pass the ball to, by chosing the corresponding button above his head. Once your man has the ball you resume cont
The triangle only was green, with pocket, wit the others does't work for me, any help please. Sorry about my bad english and thank you for your help.

Alot of people had that problem at the start of the game, myself included. The only advice I can give however is just keep trying, every time you get to a breakdown pile some players in and keep pressing the desired button. Eventually you should get used to it.

I think the players in the backline make a difference to whether or not the move is possible as well, make sure you don't commit your backline because if there isn't enough players out there to complete the move it won't work.

Hope this helps in some way, but I have a distinct feeling it won't.

yeah if it doenst flash, try drive with a forward and try again. it normally means you dont have the backline to pull off the certain move

Try this, dont set a backline move, when your first five gets the ball, do a dummy pass, then pass. This sets the second five on a dummy run and the fullback screams onto the ball like cullen of old!!!

Latest posts