• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bakkies Botha cited for dangerous clear out

Not his worst incident, but I guess where you have a track record that's as long as a marathon, you can expect most acts of foul play to be picked up on. He really is a thug. I agree with stormer2010, it really grinds me how he prays before a game, and makes somewhat of a show of it, and then he shows no concern for the health and careers of other players. There is being a tough, physical enforcer, and then there is using dirty means to intentionally shorten a players career. He is by far my least favourite player. Fact of the matter is, I'd pick several South African locks that are better than him, and won't get cited for melicious acts of foul play.

I think it should get to a point in repeat offences for someone like Botha when the citing commissioners or the IRB or whoever just hand down a long term ban, at least a year in my opinion.

Like others have said this isn't his worst offence, but I'd say countless cowardly, thuggish and stupid citings should constitute a ban of the same length as a single more severe punishment for something like eye-gouging.

I hate the way that some people perceive Rugby as an sport for idiots but the way players such as Botha carry on and subsequently appear in the media makes the stereotype almost impossible to get rid of.

Argh!!!

While it is great that he got cited for yet another one of his 'legitimate' clear-outs, the knock-on effect is that we now get to hear how biased citing commissioners are against SA players

An interesting article poined out something, well, interesting
All of these citings for clearing out have been against smaller (much smaller) opposition

Good for the Bulls I suppose, terrible for the French club who just signed him, lol

I dont think you will hear any complaints from the SA fans if Bakkies is banned for a loooong time !! Most of us feel the same.

Again, he should consider pro wrestling.

Pro Wrestlers need to consider the well being of their fellow performers.

Personally I'd love to see Bakkies take up MMA. Just to see him get obliterated.

Are there weight divisions in pro wrestling? I'm not sure whether he'd want to fight anyone less than 20kg lighter than him :p.

it really grinds me how he prays before a game, and makes somewhat of a show of it, and then he shows no concern for the health and careers of other players.

Well, mercy is not one of the words in his prayers. Maybe his prayers are asking the lord for forgiveness in advance for all the evil hes about to do lol.

As bad as Bakkies is, hes still a good rugby player and I'd have him playing in my team (think Ive said this before).

At least, Cudmore gets cited for punches...Not for trying to decapitate people...

I think Botha will find his match in France with guys like Roncero, Gorgodze, Privat, Cudmore, Le Corvec etc...

When the first time Toulon play Clermont next season?
Would love to see Bakkies and Cudmore have a scrap (I have a feeling the Canadian may come out on top - seeing as he's roughly the same size as Botha, so Botha will be sh*t scared of him)

Botha wouldn't last in France. You hit one player over there and all 14 of his mates will be on you in a flash.

Plus in some cases the subs, the managements, one of the officials, 3 team mates and a few fans.

and then when you get back to your hotel room you "fall over and hit your eye on a bedside table"

Botha wouldn't last in France. You hit one player over there and all 14 of his mates will be on you in a flash.

Plus in some cases the subs, the managements, one of the officials, 3 team mates and a few fans.

And his dog ....

LATEST NEWS: He's been found not guilty and will face the Lions Saturday.

Last edited:

So some what like this

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think you will hear any complaints from the SA fans if Bakkies is banned for a loooong time !! Most of us feel the same.

Yeah, I realise that it is the educated public, like the ones that can actually read and write and not throw a haffy when you don't agree that X player is ****, that are not the problem

However the problem is that certain journalists/pundits *cough* Bob Skinstad *cough* that feel the need to pander to the ego's and fairly negative fortress mentality that many SA rugby fans have adopted (or unless always had... I'm not ancient enough to know)

I hate Bob Skinstad and Naas Botha, just in case I haven't said this enough :p

Bakkies got away with it this time, but soon enough there will be another misbehaviour. It wouldn't even surprise me if it's this weekend again. There's something in this mans brains that isn't working very well. Don't think there's any ban that can cure this mad cow. He's just too stupid to see that there are things that are just not done.

On the other hand, it's nice to have someone like him in rugby. Always something we can talk about!