• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barb v PI 2nd half here

Bugger, how am I going to get any work done when you keep being helpful like this, Mr President ... sir!
<
(you shouldnt have said that annoyed you .. sir!)

Barkley should kick with his left foot.

Morons

Don't want to be a party-pooper though - there are some encouraging point sin this video:
  • "Gary Owens" work realisically - sometimes you catch, sometimes you don't
  • At 6:50 in video 2, the ball is passed to no-one, but when Paul picks it up, the pass he delivers to Catt (I think) is absolutely perfect, leading the runner, and similarly Catt's pass does the same.
  • There seem to be opportunities for the CPU's fly-half to step inside Locksley's excitable defense when he goes sprinting at them
  • At 7:20 the Bar-bars turn the ball over even after the computer has decided to give the ball to the PIs to begin with. You can even see the famous "lie on the wrong side of the ball" animation by the PI player, but they still lose the ball because Locksley puts about 8 players into the ruck!
  • Knock-ons happen at realistic times (having just broken 1 tackle, gets flattened and drops the ball - very realistic!)

Not sure about some of the animation on the set moves - seem to be a few where the ball goes 5 metres past the player then magically springs back into their hands.

Good job you scored that try, looked like you blew a certain try a few seconds before in the corner!

Great 22m dropout by the way!!!
<

Overall though, looks great - as for Barkley kicking with his left foot - I think the fact an England player kicked the ball between the posts at all is more inaccurate!!

Mind you - spotted the first rules error - shouldn't full time have been blown at that scrum/knockon - or was it a penalty?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Gary Owens[/b]
<
<
<

It's Garryowen, after Limerick's Garryowen RFC where players at the club introduced the tactic in their play decades ago. It's a common mistake, Gary Owens sounds like a character from Eastenders though
<

All in All we must say from all the vids that we have seen, Rugby 2005 is going to set the boundries for rugby games of the future.

I think this game will keep us playing for months 2 come - maybe until rugby 2006? who knows.

Im sold thats all i can say.

BIG UP to EA for the first real cool rugby game

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Feb 23 2005, 10:53 PM
Not sure about some of the animation on the set moves - seem to be a few where the ball goes 5 metres past the player then magically springs back into their hands.

Good job you scored that try, looked like you blew a certain try a few seconds before in the corner!

<

Overall though, looks great - as for Barkley kicking with his left foot - I think the fact an England player kicked the ball between the posts at all is more inaccurate!!

Mind you - spotted the first rules error - shouldn't full time have been blown at that scrum/knockon - or was it a penalty?

Yep! I've noticed this! It usually happens if you use a "Pivot" set play and pass to the player with "CIRCLE" over his head! Don't know why this happens tho..

I know, I knew as soon as I'd passed I should've ran for the gap! As for the try I scored, did you see the way the ball bounced high from my grubber and hit the underside of the bar between the posts!!!! Talk about luck!!!

<

Oh the shame.... the shame!!!! It was a shocker:p

Too true! Ha ha! To be honest, I'm not arsed which foot players kick with, it makes no odds to me!

<

I was thinking that too! It should've been full time

I massively enjoyed that. I was actually getting into the game to the point where Sivi got that last try down. My favourite video so far.

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 23 2005, 11:30 AM
As for the try I scored, did you see the way the ball bounced high from my grubber and hit the underside of the bar between the posts!!!! Talk about luck!!!
Yeah, saw that - that's one highly inflated ball you are playing with there to bounce up, on a wet Scottish rugby pitch, in the rain, to hit the crossbar!!

Was good to see the posts, and even the crossbar are solid though - although hopefully the comic "Doink", "urrgh" and players falling over effects from the Worldcup 95 game aren't there!!

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 23 2005, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Gary Owens
<
<
<

It's Garryowen, after Limerick's Garryowen RFC where players at the club introduced the tactic in their play decades ago. It's a common mistake, Gary Owens sounds like a character from Eastenders though
<
[/b][/quote]
Oh well never mind. I thought it was named after someone called Gary Owen - like some Welsh guy from back in "the day".

Thanks for educating me!

What a great vid to watch!!! This game is going to rock!! I can't wait.

Lox, you had better sharpen up on that defence of yours from set plays, you seem overly concerned with the guys on the outside, either the inside man will be through or the flyhalf himself at one play.
<

Your kickoff, haha. Seems one on one tackling is rather hard(as it should be), i reckon their outside center could've scored himself!

Great up'n unders and the grubber kicks are very realistic(bouncing off of the oncoming plays etc..)

Thanks for the video

Cheers

Good game, nice to watch
just a simple question : What's you're winning record on hard mode so far.........seems like tough competition to me.

thank u again lock. i noticed that in r2k5 is possible to play against Ai even if the level is hard,I mean in r2k4 u were not able to win the cpu coz of losin ball in evry single ruck,Am I right? and then just wonderin does the referee says crouch and hold engage bfore evry scrum?Thank u in anticipation
P.S. u should pass the ball more often.lol

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 24 2005, 05:10 AM
Sorry I didn't catch you, could you say that again
<
<
<
<
<
excuse me it ain't all my fault.my computer is flippin...so evrytime i tried to post it sayd was not possible ...sorry again

Locks -- great vid, much obliged.

Now, this is the second time in as many flicks where the AI are leading and they don't thump it out when 80 minutes are up.

This is dangerous and very unsettling unless EA/HB have installed a brilliant AI thinker.

Reasons the computer might have played on after 80:

1. It knew it was ahead by more than one score so it figured, what the heck, let's play!

2. In the Sharks v Bulls, the Sharks push for a 4th try thus going for that bonus point.

If number 1. is true, I can live with it, that's incredible. If number 2 is true, that's unreal - though I doubt it's a proper Super 12 match as there are no logos on the field (which we've seen in some screens, thus, EA have the licence, they should use to its full.)

I guess I'm asking, Locks, have you played any tight matches against the AI and if they were winning by just a squeak, did they hoof it to be done with ya?

It did the play on/hoof out difference in r2004 - the opposite way around.

Close game it would play on and massive lead it would play on!
<

Latest posts