• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath v Sale

S

Sir Speedy

13 - 12 HT score to Bath.
It's been pretty close thus far.
Three sin-binnings - to Chabal, Turner and Lipman - and three tries - to McAlister, Cueto and Browne - have made the game an exciting one.
Bath look threatening, but Sale seem to want to play attractive rugby. Lord help us!

The score would suggest that.
Missed the final five minutes, so can't comment on the <strike>farking ********</strike> side winning it in the last minute.
Positives:

A BONUS POINT. WHEW!
We looked far more positive in our play.
McAlister, Hodgson, Peel and Lobbe were outstanding, and Cueto took his tries well.
A positive performance to go onto destroy Wasps next week. :D

Negatives:

Chabal's discipline was awful. Cost us the game in the way.
The referee. I'll say no more.
Missed kicks at goal that were pretty much kickable.

BRING ON THE PESTS! x)

Sale should never have lost that game.
Don't worry, we've got a Turk smash-up to watch now!

All I will say is WOOOOOOOO!!!! GOOOO BANAHAN!!!

I would have to say that I thought Bath had more hunger at the end to win the game, hence the massive push near the end by the Bath Pack which pushed Sale back and forced the Turnover, which enabled the Bath try...

Bit unsure on the Lipman sinbin, yes it was a late tackle, but it was a penalty at most and not a sin-binning...

I'm not really bothered about the result, it's the performance that counts for me.
Encouraging for the rest of the season.

Also, Cyril, you were saying? - RE: Scarlets - Cardiff? ;)

We gave far too many penalties away. Charlie still hasn't figured out the ELV's but White got him out of it with a superb line-out steal, then all the forwards needed to do was stick it up the jersey for a minute and they failed to do so and got turned over near the line... There were 40 seconds on the clock when we got turned over, a punt down the pitch would have sufficed, bath at that stage wouldn't have gone 60 metres, either that or leave it in the ruck until time ran out.

Naivity cost us vital points.

That said the finish was well executed. Bath's front row were awesome all game. Lobbe was awesome, Chabal not far behind once he stopped playing like a tool.

Chabal, hair pulling during your altercation? Really? WTF? Was this a rugby fight or a cat fight in the club?

He looked out of control. If Bath prodded him after that to get him binned, well, he took the bait.

Did you see Chabal's reaction to the tackle that hit him a good 5 seconds after he'd offloaded, the Bath guy should have been binned, but Chabal merely patted him on the backside telling him to get up. He lost the plot early doors but regained his composure and put in an excellent peformane.

That sums it up these days - If anyone has the audacity to make a hard tackle on an opposition number, the tackled players fans instantly jump up in arms screaming "BAN HIM! CITE HIM! BURN HIM!".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Col @ Jan 3 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did you see Chabal's reaction to the tackle that hit him a good 5 seconds after he'd offloaded, the Bath guy should have been binned, but Chabal merely patted him on the backside telling him to get up. He lost the plot early doors but regained his composure and put in an excellent peformane.[/b]

Thats a load of ********... Lipman got binned for hitting his opposite number, yes a penalty but a sin bin f*** off, if you can't put pressure on your opposite number then whats the point, this ain't f***ing poofball... so stop trying to make it...

Chabal was out of control before the binning he thought he could get away with everything, he was lucky he didn't get a red to be honest...

The binning of Lipman was to appease the Sale coaches, nothing more nothing less...

Latest posts