• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath's Barkley Breaks Leg

mohamed_ali12

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Bath
Horrific injury at Kingsholm today, was Eduardo-esque. Terrific player and hope he recovers quickly.

Turned it on when they were loading him on to the stretcher so missed the injury/replay - Sounds like a youtube special though (leg folding in half)
Wish him a speedy/full recover, very good player, one of my favourite 12s around

Ugh, hope he gets over it. Talented player no doubt and a bad time in his career to get such a serious injury.

Pity he looked deserving of the 12 for England with some of his performances this year.

Agree with LucyNumber7, his club has been great for a while, and it's a shame what little time he's had in an England shirt hasn't been great (though I think his games over the summer for the midweek side certainly didn't warrant him being dropped from the EPS AND the Saxons) - definitely deserves another chance, especially over Hape

Barkley just said on Twitter that he'll be back playing in 2-3 weeks
Great news, there was a while where people were wondering whether he'd every play again

I've seen other Bath players mention on twitter that he's put everything into getting back again, always the first guy to training and the last to leave

Good to see not a big fan of his play but seems like a decent guy. He was dropped from the entire England setup from what I've heard because he said something really stupid or did something stupid on tour or so I've heard.

Somebody seriously has a Banahan signature btw? :p @ topicstarter.

Good to see not a big fan of his play but seems like a decent guy. He was dropped from the entire England setup from what I've heard because he said something really stupid or did something stupid on tour or so I've heard.

Somebody seriously has a Banahan signature btw? :p @ topicstarter.

Him and Jonno are apparently not on first name terms, so no matter how hard he tries he most likely will never again play for England. IMHO it is a massive shame as he has got some much to offer post RWC when we really need to start looking at the squad post Tindall.

As for a Banahan signature... he's good enough at club level to warrant that although the less said about his international career the better.

m0rris

Good player, be good to see him back.

Where's ali12 got to does anyone know?

Him and Jonno are apparently not on first name terms, so no matter how hard he tries he most likely will never again play for England. IMHO it is a massive shame as he has got some much to offer post RWC when we really need to start looking at the squad post Tindall.

As for a Banahan signature... he's good enough at club level to warrant that although the less said about his international career the better.

m0rris
Agreed on both points
I believe that signature came about when Banahan was scoring tries for fun last season

Season before Olyy... check out the shirt ;)

Back on topic... I'm hoping for a Barkley bench/start at NG Dragons or Worcester games. Hopefully he'll be the same/better player.

Latest posts