• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Battlefield 1943

My playstaion is making noises like a V8 when I play this game. lol. Warranty expires in 2 weeks.

this is the best arcade ***le there is bar none
i have about 200 kills now, everynight i get in and snipe!!
great fun

Yeh I noticed ya notching up the kills the other day St. :p

Damn shame the SQUAD selection is still dodgey. Seems to alwasy disco the person tryin to join the squad. And also a damn shame the comms are so **** and temprmental.

Not sure if you use this but heres the Battlefield site so you can compare stats on yerself and butties etc. You'll have to look on the left and change to Battlefiled 1943 and log in with your PSN account details.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

They need to sort voice out it's shocking that it doesn't work. You can though always hear the jabroni who has left his headset on whilst his kids are screaming in the background. Nuisances.

the lack of headset with ps3 is a joke anyways

it means
a. less than 50% of user have one - yes thats right, its generous guess, i swear its even less than 10%.....i reckon i have heard voices on the other end of the ps3 on about 10 times out of about 200 times oline play
b. there is no fun online without a headset, no tactics, no communication - so for psn to be free but muted out of box - meh
c. you gotto fork out $59.00 to get one (so anyone harping on xboxlive annual fee of $69.00 can lick the right one here)

For sony not to include a cheap headset so everyone has the option to enjoy and communicate in games at its fullest, is an epic joke, and an idea that does not really focus on what online gaming is - interactively communicating with others.

Ive never used a headset and dont have one (ps3 owner) but I can always hear people talking on theirs through my TV.......I dont know whats up with that, maybe I can mute it but the stuff I hear coming out of other people while playing is quite tragic and the last thing I want to do is plug in a head phone.

Can you chose who you listen to? How amny people can you listen to at once? Anyway, Im not a huge fan of listening to strangers ramble, and I dont have any friends, so I guess Im not an ideal headset candidate.

Does the 360 come with a free headset...........oh...i get it. I thought they were headphones that didnt work. I was going take them back but in the end I just threw them out, lol.

pc version was just recently announced to be delayed until 2010 due to technical issues with getting the engine and game running well on the pc which really translates to "we are making a killing on the console versions so see no need to jeopardize our sales by releasing the pc version this year". I think I will be playing this on the pc when bad company 2 comes out.

in other news news the 2 guys DICE generously put on making a battlefield 2 patch have finally finished and it will be releasing tomorrow several years after many people stopped playing the game. the free patch includes highlights of such content as booster packs that people previously had to pay for and support for the novint falcon a US$ 150 mouse/joystick peripheral that maybe 1% of pc users have and in most countries you have to import, the new patch also contains valuable bugfixes and balance changes that the devs somehow forgot to put in the game about 3 years ago not to worry they will be in now with this new exciting patch.

This is the sort of crap that has me thinking of getting a 360 arcade for some cheap console gaming when companies like DICE decide to shaft me on the pc. I still love pc gaming and most of my friends all have pcs so most of my gaming would still be done there but for the odd game that I get shafted on it would be good to still be able to play it and buy it if I like it without waiting for sloppy seconds on the pc from a company.

Latest posts