• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Be Honest, who here camps?

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
Well it's nearly New Years, and once again time for those often mooted New Years Resolutions

So, as opposed to making ridiculous resolutions that you have never in the past upheld, why not make it something small such as...

You guessed it, not to camp in multiplayer gamesq

It is a truly vile act, to camp, and warrants a noobish cyber death
So, who amongst the noble TRF members commits this most wretched deed, and will attempt to perform less of said act as a NY Resolution

**** I'm bored

Define camping. In highly competitive clan matches eg. Call of Duty 4, with a "promod" ruleset in a game mode such as "Search and Destroy" the tactically sound option is to stay hidden and take the kill when someone of the opposite team pops up to shoot at one of your teammates or rushes to a bombsite/plants bomb etc. To run in the open guns blazing will be seen as "noobish" unless you manage to kill all of the other team, which is close to impossible.

It's also not noobish to wait (it's quite tense) in a dark corner for the other team to start defusing the bomb (they usually fake) then to move out and try to take the kill, as I said they usually "fake" the defuse and a gunfight will ensue, or you can try to mindf...ck them and not move out, but it's a risk.... If they didn't "fake"....

But camping in a FFA game on top of a tower with a sniper rifle or mounted weapon is utter "noob".

Aye, the last one is what I have gripes with

But still understand why, even in the case of Search and Destroy, why people would camp

It's about as challenging as solitaire, and equilavent to that one carnival fair games where you need to
Shoot the wee targets that pop-up

Depends on game, game mode, situation and if im busy at the time.. eg if on MW2 on TDM and Im on the phone or w/e I dont mind sitting in a corner likewise on S&D its part of the game mode but if im just playing I cant do it.. I get bored

More of a spray and pray type player myself
I'm always in the top couple in the leaderboard at the end, but my K/D ratio is poor

I'm awful at Cod. the less said the better.

Still better than Cyril though.

1269116537_144.png

1242070609_271.jpg

demotivational-posters-pedobear.jpg

I don't blame people for camping - I blame the game designers for allowing areas in the game where this is possible. If campers do your head in, do the sensible thing. Go and buy yourself a copy of Bad Company 2, wait for someone to begin to camp and then simply wipe out the building where camping is taking place via mortar strikes.

Win.

To be honest ... can't really camp in Nuketown on Black Ops :lol:

The best/funniest thing to do is camp, get a kill, move and camp somewhere close by and wait for them to come back and kill them again. Works well on hardcore team death match actually (MW2) and ****** people off once you get them several times. I thought you can't beat the campers so might as well join them. Quitters are worse than campers anyday.

well, i do camp, but only in certain situations. if i am playing online i dont. the only time i do is offline LAN matches. I love doing it ******* off my mates in the room doing the whole camp, kill, move on camp, kill, move on thing :)

love the whole banter in offline LAN stuff better than online one anyday.

The best/funniest thing to do is camp, get a kill, move and camp somewhere close by and wait for them to come back and kill them again. Works well on hardcore team death match actually (MW2) and ****** people off once you get them several times. I thought you can't beat the campers so might as well join them. Quitters are worse than campers anyday.

Booooooooooo

I think quitters that quit because of campers are decent

Campers=(unts

Depends on the situation in an elimination match I might start camping if my team gets low on numbers, in capture the flags I sometimes camp around the flag but I think defending it is a perfectly legitimate strategy. Sniper campers are always the worst to deal with as often they can one hit you in most shooters.

In NTW I sometimes camp in land battles and I am hated by the other players for it LOL, thats why I usually stick to naval.

To be honest ... can't really camp in Nuketown on Black Ops :lol:

Equip flack jacket, go upstairs and crouch behind the bed aiming at the doorway. Pretty damn hard to get guys when they do that.

I don't really camp though, if you play cheap and still lose then you look foolish. I probably would if i was any good at it to be honest.

Latest posts