• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Watch - Scott Williams

Looks like a pretty average player so far. I wouldn't have him in my WC squad. I'd have Biggar, Priestland, Patchell, Hook, Sam Davies and Matthew Morgan ahead of him based on what he's done for the Blues this season.

Too bad for Wales that Owen Williams is still at Leicester, I think he's terrific and would be a great addition coming off the bench.

I actually think Wales will be better with Williams, I just really don't rate JD. Having said that, commiserations to JD. Alternatively, I could see Gatland moving North to the centre and putting Cuthbert and Liam Williams on the wings.

I actually think Wales will be better with Williams, I just really don't rate JD. Having said that, commiserations to JD. Alternatively, I could see Gatland moving North to the centre and putting Cuthbert and Liam Williams on the wings.

I really don't rate Tuilagi, but he's still a big loss for England as they can't afford to lose their first choice centres either.

I really don't rate Tuilagi, but he's still a big loss for England as they can't afford to lose their first choice centres either.

I'm not so sure us losing Tuilagi is as bigger loss as Wales losing JD . Manu hasn't played since last October . JD has been playing fairly well for Clermont . The biggest worry that comes to most England fans is that Lancaster will no doubt believe that 36 or Burrell are a better fit than Eastmond or Slade ......

I'm not so sure us losing Tuilagi is as bigger loss as Wales losing JD . Manu hasn't played since last October . JD has been playing fairly well for Clermont . The biggest worry that comes to most England fans is that Lancaster will no doubt believe that 36 or Burrell are a better fit than Eastmond or Slade ......

Yeah I think you're right, Davies wasn't just our first choice 13, he was also in form and looking like he was gearing up for the tournament. As you say though, England still haven't got a settled no 12, which may be good for competition purposes but Tuilagi was definitely Lancaster's go-to-guy when fit. He probably would have been your starting 12 with Joseph of course at 13.

I'd go for Slade, with 36 on the bench. He was good coming on during the 6N. Not sure how his form has been since?

Yeah I think you're right, Davies wasn't just our first choice 13, he was also in form and looking like he was gearing up for the tournament. As you say though, England still haven't got a settled no 12, which may be good for competition purposes but Tuilagi was definitely Lancaster's go-to-guy when fit. He probably would have been your starting 12 with Joseph of course at 13.

I'd go for Slade, with 36 on the bench. He was good coming on during the 6N. Not sure how his form has been since?

I'm not sure not seen too much of Glos towards the end of the main season . After this weekend I'm happy for the Eastmond to play 12 in between JJ and Ford they could run Jamie Roberts riot . Especially as someone mentioned Wales don't exactly have an impact player from the bench now foxy is injured

I'm not sure not seen too much of Glos towards the end of the main season . After this weekend I'm happy for the Eastmond to play 12 in between JJ and Ford they could run Jamie Roberts riot . Especially as someone mentioned Wales don't exactly have an impact player from the bench now foxy is injured
I'm hoping Ford won't keep up this form, he seems to be the fly half England have been waiting for.

Sure isn't ideal, we could have big problems unless we find someone else who can step up to the plate to provide that assistance from the bench. We've got some good potential, just not proven international stars. Fingers crossed gatland can pull a 2011 out of the bag and unearth a new set of players, but that would require giving players a chance.

Edit- I'm genuinely thinking that we should stick Tipuric into 13, sure it could go wrong, but it could also go terribly right.

Last edited:
I'm going to tip Ben john for an extended squad place. I want to see what he can do

Edit - oops thought it would add onto my other comment made like half a minute ago.

Latest posts