• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ben Cohen...

Tom Varndell
P_Varndell_Run_0605.jpg

last night at a wedding i was seated with Lee Gemon and he is the new ceo of Tasman rugby..he told me that he had a few english boys coming down here to play in the new air nz cup..for once!

Yea Varndell is pretty quick, I watched him against Samoa, Tagicakibau wasnt really going though when Varndell got his debut try.

William Ryder and Jone Daunivucu have had far better 7s Tournys then Varndell though. Wouldnt be a surprise though as Ryder and Daunivucu make Cullens Sidestepping ability look mediocre.

He has probably dipped in form. He played really well a couple of seasons ago. You don't hear much about him anymore..

Did he have any caps, also i remember there bein quite a bit of hype around Goodridge hows he playing.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Jan 11 2006, 10:36 PM
Did he have any caps, also i remember there bein quite a bit of hype around Goodridge hows he playing.
Don't think Garvey ever won a full cap. Might have got into England A at one point, I'm not sure. Definately played for the U21s.

Goodridge certainly looks a much better long term prospect. Very solid all round player from what I've seen of him.

Latest posts