• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bend over Britain, and touch your toes

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Because it's the emergency budget day today. Strap yourselves in, this is going to be a tough one.

I doubt there are many TRF members who earn more then £150k, so this won't affect anyone.

Besides, we've been bending over and thinking of England since 1997.

This would have been a tough budget anyway, but they are going to hit everybody here. Hard.

Wouldn't be necessary if Gordon ******* Borwn didn't have the money sense of Paris Hilton and had sold all the ******* Gold.

Actually, that's unfair on Hilton. She's manager to carve out a career which involves making money, not borrowing it...

So many things are going to become unaffordable if VAT goes up.

What, like it was going to anyway once under the Labour stealth tax ("to stimulate the economy, we're going to reduce it top 15% for 2 years. Then, we're going to put it up to 20% thereafter. FOREVER!).

Better sooner rather then later, Browns economics were sending the country to the dogs long before the Tories got in and were forced to take the flack in a bid to fix that Scottish cnuts cock up. Even Robert Mugabe has more financial sense then him.

We'll soon see in an hour. I accept cuts and savings need to be made, but not against the little man.

That's how much it's gone up by over the last 13 years anyway; When I was in college it was £3 for a box of fags and £1.50 for a pint. Now it's nearly £7 for a box of fags and £3.50 for a pint.

Just so people don't think I'm Versus, I was the thinking of the benefit cheats who spend their ill-gotten gains on those items. And considering tobacco will never become illegal, despite all the stop smoking campains, because of the tax, they might as well hike it.

Not a fan of how this is on BBC2 and ITV, meaning they're not showng the Mexico Uruguay match =/

On my ITV4 it's British Touring Cars :S

Edit: Ignore me, i didn't realise it was on at 3, thought that it was 12.30 :p Strange that they're playing four games today, in two time slots =S

Last edited:
Well so far the little man hasn't been stung at all. A few Quangos have been disbanded (the "Joining the Euro preparation committee" FFS) while Solders and low income civil servants get more money.

By the sounds of it, they're going to be harder on the scum who don't want to work and been better to those who are willing and showing effort to go back to work.

All sounds like common sense to me.

Of course, the Big Red Northern Propaganda machine will say how this is screwing people over by closing the mines. And then something derogatory about Thatcher will be said.

Oh look, not ridiculous rise in fuel duty and the Cider tax has been rescinded.

Fuuck you Labour! :lol:

The VAT rise and freezing child benefit across the board will be the headlines tomorrow morning. It's a painful budget but a million people out of income tax is pretty "progressive". The Corporation Tax cut will probably bring in more money than the current rate does now, something Harman clearly could not grasp. While VAT is irritating, booze and fags are protected, not that they could have gone up much more. A council tax freeze was long overdue. However the hike in Capital Gains Taxation to 28% is Cable's fiscal spanner in the works, unlikely to reap more revenue and hits the prudent.

Housing benefit cut - hard times for a lot of people.

VAT rise - prices will go up but my wages won't.

Student loan debt sold off - interest will go up.

Several nice little earners out of the pockets of the working man, or things designed to help them. Where's the telephone number for the Canadian Embassy?

Tax break plans for game developers have been scrapped, meaning our few remaining studios might go.

Housing benefit cut - hard times for a lot of people.

Typical Citizens Advice scaremongering.

VAT rise - prices will go up but my wages won't.

2.5% is **** all. Seriously, you didn't notice a 2.5% rise in Jan and didn't notice any difference when it was dropped before hand. £2.50 over £100 is f-all and likely to be absorbed by the supermarkets etc anyway. And Payrised are a privilege, not a right. You work hard and you get them.

Student loan debt sold off - interest will go up.

Alright; Better the Student don't pay a teeny-weeney bit more back and the UK remains a financially ****** as Ireland.

Several nice little earners out of the pockets of the working man, or things designed to help them.

Ironically enough, the only things being taken away are those things designed to make the lives of those who don't want to work a bit easier. Child Tax Credits (£30 a month) and their like are out the window, so Mercades and Dale from the Moss Side will have to earn their keep now instead of sitting on their Argos sofa waiting for their handouts (generated by the 67 kids and a dog).

Latest posts