• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best 7(Your Choice)

<div class='quotemain'> For Ireland:

David Wallace-so quick around the pitch

Denis Leamy-Winning the ball and big ball carrier

Jerry Flannery-great player, ball carrier and puts in big hits resulting in turnovers

Tomas O' Leary-need to have someone to act as scrum half sometime and is lightning quick

ROG-playmaker

Gordon D'Arcy-quick, strong runner, great defender

BOD-Some may claim he has lost it (jurys still out) but for the time being I have to go with O'Driscoll

Replacements:

Donnacha Ryan-need a forward, picked him over Quinlan because he's younger and quicker and there's no such thing as a good Leinster forward :p , he will be a star

Keith Earls-he will be a star, trust me!!

Geordan Murphy-ideally suited to 7s I would think

[/b]

Haha, Ronan O'Gara would get destroyed in Seven's, it wouldn't even be fair.
[/b][/quote]

He clearly wouldn't, why don't you back up your points instead of just talking ****? :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> For Ireland:
Jerry Flannery-great player, ball carrier and puts in big hits resulting in turnovers
Tomas O' Leary-need to have someone to act as scrum half sometime and is lightning quick
ROG-playmaker
BOD-Some may claim he has lost it (jurys still out) but for the time being I have to go with O'Driscoll
Replacements:
Donnacha Ryan-need a forward, picked him over Quinlan because he's younger and quicker and there's no such thing as a good Leinster forward :p , he will be a star
[/b]
[/b][/quote] He clearly wouldn't, why don't you back up your points instead of just talking ****? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

Well, ROG has no pace, a crap pass and can't tackle... Pretty vital attributes needed for sevens. In fact, O'Chokas only talent is punting the ball downfield.

Would you put Wilkinson in a 7s team given the chance?

For Ireland:

ROG-playmaker

Replacements:

Geordan Murphy-ideally suited to 7s I would think[/b]

Gotta agree with the others, Ronan O'Gara would be useless at 7's, he isn't the most flamboyant of fly halves. On his day, he's one of the best controllers of a game with his kicking etc, but that would be useless in a 7's match!

Can't agree with many of your other choices either. There's too many forewards there, which would mean a field day for the likes of William Ryder. The likes of D'arcy would be able to play as a 'foreward' in 7's, so whats the point of Flannery etc.

Where's the likes of Fitzgerald, who has genuine pace, sidestepping ability and guile, all of the things 7's players need.

My England 7's team:

Forwards:
Haskell
Lund
Rees

All because they have some pace and get around the park so much.

Backs:
Cipriani- Dynamic and creative, good play maker
JSD- Needs no explanation in my opinion
Strettle- Token speed man!
Care- I remember a break he had from the line out last month against Sarries, he is so quick off the mark.

p.s. Playing O'Gara in sevens is like eating soup with a fork, impossible and pointless I'm afraid.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> For Ireland:

ROG-playmaker

Replacements:

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

He clearly wouldn't, why don't you back up your points instead of just talking ****? :rolleyes:

[/b][/quote]

What's their to back up? Does it really have to be pointed out to you that a Fly Half, as others as said who is slow as a mule and about as creative as a wet paper bag who can't tackle to save his life would be 100% useless at Sevens.

So may I suggest you stop talking **** and actually watch a game of Sevens.

Latest posts