• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best coach in the world?

I think Guy Noves is the best club side coach in the world, without a doubt. Toulouse play great rugby (most of the time) and they also win a lot of ***les...

Bulls coach - such dominance and effectiveness against various styles.
Robbie Deans - as much as it pains me to say this, one of the top. Just look at what he does with such marginal and so few world class talents. Only maybe 1 or 3, yet still remains competitive.

Bulls coach - such dominance and effectiveness against various styles.
Robbie Deans - as much as it pains me to say this, one of the top. Just look at what he does with such marginal and so few world class talents. Only maybe 1 or 3, yet still remains competitive.

Totally agree, Robbie Deans is the sh...! He is brilliant, look at what he did at the Crusaders and now at the Wallabies. If he coached NZ or SA they would be unbeatable! What this space: Rassie Erasmus! He always comes up with new concepts with aces up his sleeves. Predict him to be coach or assistant coach of SA in future!

Robbie Deans, for what he did with the Crusaders, Graham Henry because he's a great coach for the AB's.
Tana Umaga, as he's a myth and he convinced SBW to come back to NZ and try to get into the AB Squad.

Nick Mallet, I just like the Squadra assuri

i not sur ehe has been for i whiel i think bu this year he made so very bad choices in 6N partcaly the scotland game ie. he left best on when the liout was going to **** witch was the reson we lost what he should have done was bring on Cullen and Cronin erly in the 2nd half we might just o won the game then.

A better question is who's the best player in the world and I think we all know who that is

imgres

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Fairhurst

I'm voting for Graham Henry, and I actually think that the forgotten Jake White is up there with one of the best.

Amazed there's been no mention of Geech, or does he not count as a coach?

In 1986, McGeechan became the assistant Scotland coach to Derrick Grant and in 1988 he was promoted to coach. In 1990, his team won a Grand Slam victory in the Five Nations Championship. His forwards coach and partner was Jim Telfer.
McGeechan was the British and Irish Lions Head Coach in 1989, 1993, 1997 and 2009. [1] In 2005, he coached the midweek side on the British and Irish Lions tour to New Zealand on the invitation of Sir Clive Woodward. [1]
In 1994, McGeechan was appointed as Director of Rugby at Northampton and in 1999 replaced Jim Telfer as Scottish Director of Rugby.
McGeechan was appointed Director of Rugby at London Wasps in 2005[2] after an unsuccessful and unhappy period as the Scottish Director of Rugby. In his first season of 2005/06 he led Wasps to the Powergen Anglo Welsh Cup ***le, beating Llanelli Scarlets in the final at Twickenham. In his second season, London Wasps claimed the Heineken Cup.
In February 2010, McGeechan joined the coaching staff at Gloucester as an advisor to Head Coach Bryan Redpath and his coaching team.[3][4] but moved to local rivals Bath Rugby to take up the post of performance director in June 2010.[5]

Rod MacQueen.

I like the rugby the brumbies played when MacQueen was at the helm as well as his world champion Wallaby side.

Latest posts