• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Gig Video's

B

bristol-iain

Green Day Bullet In A Bible - Epic Gig, great crowd involvement
Linkin Park Live In Texas - Marvel at Chester Bennington's ability to mix singing with shouting and to keep his voice the same from 1st song to last
Metallica @ Rock Am Ring- Just cos its Metallica
The Killers live at the Royal Albert Hall
Breaking Benjamin at The Stabler Arena - I love this band

Just discussing this in films. Bristol-iain and I were thinking that it'd be interesting to discover what everyone ranks as their greatest Blu Ray or DVD concert videos?

The qualities that are a must are:

An amazing band or solo performance.
Video quality (Overall video production. In case of older stuff, it's rated more by how well restored the picture is).
Audio quality (Overall audio production. Particularly good if the have an awesome 5.1ex mix or DTS. Generally clear and punchy bass and clear distinct treble that doesn't seperate from the rest of the mix).
Generally very cool (If your ***le lacks in the other areas, it can make up for it by being just very cool, lol).

I have a Led Zeppelin DVD based over 3 concerts including a couple of Earls Court ones. Tiz Quality.

I've seen a couple of unreal Nine Inch Nails ones...besides that I'm struggling for any AMAZING live DVDs.

Oh, Jimmy Hendrix live Isle of White dvd.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlVLDS1AmTI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlVLDS1AmTI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Surely you can't beat a gig with the President?

Got good knees for a 67 year old!

The Band: The Last Waltz

A truly epic piece of both music and cinematography.

My current favourites are:

Muse: H.A.A.R.P (Live From Wembley)
Pink Floyd: Pulse
The Killers: Live From The Royal Albert Hall
Live Aid - The Dvd: (Queen's section in particular)
Nirvana - Live From Reading

All good with the right sound set-up.

G3 - Live In Denver
Machine Head - Elegies
Metallica - Live **** is pretty good aswell

Also, thought I should add Blur: No Distance Left To Run (Doco) and the included Live At Hyde Park disc 2 concert. It truly is an awesome piece of work on both fronts.

Latest posts