• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best national anthem?

I love "Ireland Call's" (Ireland anthem)
And "La Marseillaise" (France anthem)
And "Flower of Scotland" (Scotland anthem)

La Marseillaise has an incredible schwung in it! But my favourite is still the haka, not really an anthem, but just mind-blowing!

i'll have to say my national anthem (Portugal)
La Marseillaise
Ireland's call
God save the queen

Easy, Nkosi sikeleli iafrika
then the French anthem
Italian one is quite good too

the worst, even as a Scot we have a crap anthem

then Englands the worst anthem of all time, how can you get passionate about the queen?! :lol2tn:

South Africa's Nkosi sikeleli iafrika is my favorite, the only time i hear that anthem is when the All Blacks are playing South Africa... I like it especially when its sung by the Zulu choir

I'd have to say the Marseillaise for its meaning and how it can be an equivalent to a Haka (if we would be a bit more passionate about it for **** sake!) - living abroad (I live in Aotearoa - NZ) I realised people were liking the Marseillaise mainly because it's a"nice sounding little song" - but they usually miss the sense of it.

When we say the Kapa O Pango is violent - yeah, there's a obvious sign of violence but hey, in the Marseillaise it's all about asking people to take weapons, form into battalions and go kick the butt to anyone not french and "water our furrows with their blood" - sh#t - if that's not violence...

I like the Argentinian anthem - and been blown away by the Portugese at the WC - sh*t that was good so see guys so full of motivation and envy! that was refreshing! we need more of that!

When we say the Kapa O Pango is violent - yeah, there's a obvious sign of violence but hey,

[/b]

They only people who think Kapa O pango is violent is those who dont understand it... If there talking about the slit throat jester well its from the lungs to the heart..

La Marseillaise

And it's not because i'm french ! lol
[/b]
Id agree and im certainly not French. La Marseillaise hits all the buttons a decent national anthem should hit. As for the worst id say that of my own country - Scotland. Flower of Scotland is an absolute dirge.

<div class='quotemain'>

When we say the Kapa O Pango is violent - yeah, there's a obvious sign of violence but hey,

[/b]

They only people who think Kapa O pango is violent is those who dont understand it... If there talking about the slit throat jester well its from the lungs to the heart.. [/b][/quote]

Give over. The correct gesture may be across the chest, but when Kapa O Pango first started being performed guy were moving their thumb across their throat.

It was the wrong action, but it was unmistakeable and that's where the reputation came from.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

They only people who think Kapa O pango is violent is those who dont understand it... If there talking about the slit throat jester well its from the lungs to the heart.. [/b][/quote]

Give over. The correct gesture may be across the chest, but when Kapa O Pango first started being performed guy were moving their thumb across their throat.

It was the wrong action, but it was unmistakeable and that's where the reputation came from.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed.. my point was more about the fact that peeps might think Kapa O Pango is violent (when it is in fact not) and the same peeps thinking the Marseillaise is "nice" (when in fact it's just a call to butchery!)

my 2 cents