• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Of Your Best Super 12

O

Otara

kiaora,
Well super 12 is finished and S14 will begin in february ( why they cant just make a name that doesnt have to be changed i dont know!!)
And as i was reading the Dream 1st 15 topic i realised that it was way too hard for me and that this would be much better...
*the benefit being that it had only gone for 10 seasons and you cant compare players from different eras over the past 100 years because the skill level and genetic upbringings have changed...so whose your team and whats the lineup?

Mine is really difficult being a counties man and supporting the blues at the same time...you may say why arent i going for the chiefies its because i still live in Manukau and thats as Auckland as Auckland can be and also in the beginning Counties were as we all know under the Blues banner so here is my team....

Blues
15. Doug Howlett
14. Joeli Vidiri
13. Mils Muliania
12. Eroni Clarke
11. Jonah Lomu
10. Carlos Spencer
9. Ofisa Tonnuu
8. Zinzan Brooke
7. Mark Carter
6. Andrew Blowers
5. Robin Brooke
4. Troy Flavell
3. Olo Brown
2. Sean Fitzpatrick ©
1. Craig Dowd
Bench:
Keven Mealamu
Nick White
Glenn Taylor
Rob Cribb
Steve Devine
Adrian Cashmore
Joe Rokocoko

Big call with Howlett at 15 but if your a fellow Blues supporter you would know what i was thinking ... too many good backs!!!
players like Stenseness and Rupeni for his short service didnt make the cutt..even a late Walter Little when Harbour became Blues territory in 1999 and Counties switched to Chief Land ( Poor Decision, but somethings gotta give )

Otara

Wally's Queensland line up of the professional era

1. Dan Crowley
2. Michael Foley
3. Glenn Panaho
4. Mark Connors
5. John Eales ©
6. Matt Cockbain
7. David Croft
8. Toutai Kefu
9. Jacob Raulini
10. Elton Flatley
11. Ben Tune
12. Tim Horan
13. Dan Herbert
14. Jason Little
15. Chris Latham

15.Christian Cullen
14.Lome Fa'atau
13.Alama Ieremia (Nearly Ma'a but he had a crap super 12 last season)
12.Tana Umaga ©
11.Jonah Lomu (Wasn't the best for the hurricanes but can't think of anyone else apart from Fleming and Bobo)
10.David Holwell
9.Jon Preston
8.Filo Tiatia
7.Kupu Vanisi
6.Jerry Collins
5.Paul ***o
4.Dion Waller
3.Neemia Tialata
2.Norm Hewitt lol
1.Bull Allen

16.Gordy Slater
17.Andrew Hore
18.Inoke Afeaki...
19.Rodney So'oialo
20.Piri Weepu (Just ahead of spice)
21.Jimmy Gopperth
22.Ma'a Nonu

welcome otara!!!..woooo sth aucklands in the house!!

i luv these threads!!

heres my team of the decade..the year represents there best year in my eyes

1.craig dowd
2.sean fitzpatrick
3.olo brown
4.ali williams
5.robin brooke
6.michael jones
7.daniel braid
8.zin zan brooke

9.ofisa junior tonu'u
10.king carlos spencer
11.jonah lomu
12.sam tuitpou
13.eroni clarke
14.rupeni caucau
15.malili muliaina

bench
--------
woodcock
mealamu
flavell
rush
devine
howlett
vidiri

Hello, Kiaora, Talofa...

BLUES

15. Mils Muliania
14. Doug Howlett
13. Eroni Clarke
12. Walter Little ( Later Years )
11. Jonah Lomu
10. Carlos Spencer
9. Ofisa Tonuu
8. Zinzan Brooke
7. Mark Carter
6. Michael Jones
5. Robin Brooke
4. Ali Williams
3. Olo Brown
2. Sean Fitzpatrick
1. Craig Dowd.

Im a Nth Harbour Man so Otara my picks are in opposite eyes . Cant believe we had to go play for the Waikato Banner when our Home ground was in Albany. I just had to have Walter Little in the team simply because he hung around and still gave it his best after the dreaded 1998.

Mik

Brumbies team of the decade

15. Joe Roff
14. Graeme Bond
13. Stirling Mortlock
12. James Holbeck
11. Mark Gerrard
10. David Knox
9. George Gregan
8. Jim Williams
7. George Smith
6. Owen Finegan
5. David Giffin
4. Justin Harrison
3. Patricio Noriega
2. Jeremy Paul
1. Bill Young

Reserves:
Ben Darwin
Marco Caputo
Mark Chisholm
Brett Robinson
Stephen Larkham
Sam Cordingly
Mitch Hardy

Originally posted by rc_souljah@Dec 16 2005, 02:10 PM
15.Christian Cullen
14.Lome Fa'atau
13.Alama Ieremia (Nearly Ma'a but he had a crap super 12 last season)
12.Tana Umaga ©
11.Jonah Lomu (Wasn't the best for the hurricanes but can't think of anyone else apart from Fleming and Bobo)
10.David Holwell
9.Jon Preston
8.Filo Tiatia
7.Kupu Vanisi
6.Jerry Collins
5.Paul ***o
4.Dion Waller
3.Neemia Tialata
2.Norm Hewitt lol
1.Bull Allen

16.Gordy Slater
17.Andrew Hore
18.Inoke Afeaki...
19.Rodney So'oialo
20.Piri Weepu (Just ahead of spice)
21.Jimmy Gopperth
22.Ma'a Nonu
I would put Alex Talea way over Lomu that guy had wheels.

Highlanders

15 Evans
14 Wilson
13 Stanley/Alatini
12 Leslie ©
11 Howlett
10 Brown
9 Kelleher
8 Randell
7 Kronfeld
6 Middleton
5 Mailing
4 Blaike/Ryan
3 Hayman
2 Oliver
1 Hoeft

Bench Meeuws, Willis/Hore, Blaike/Ryan, Maka, Cowan, Culhane, Alatini/Stanley

20 All blacks
1 Scot

1.Bull Allen
2.Hewitt ©
3.Gordy Slater
4.Waller
5.Afeaki
6.Collins
7.So'oialo
8.Tiatia
9.Preston
10.Howell
11.Talea
12.O'Halloran
13.Ieremia
14.Umaga
15.Culley

16.Hore
17.Mike Edwards
18.Paul ***o
19.Vanisi
20.Spice
21.Mannix
22.Fa'atau

Why yes I am... Troy Jacques will now become Melon and will swap with Bretto.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Jan 15 2006, 04:38 PM
1.Bull Allen
2.Hewitt ©
3.Gordy Slater
4.Waller
5.Afeaki
6.Collins
7.So'oialo
8.Tiatia
9.Preston
10.Howell
11.Talea
12.O'Halloran
13.Ieremia
14.Umaga
15.Culley

16.Hore
17.Mike Edwards
18.Paul ***o
19.Vanisi
20.Spice
21.Mannix
22.Fa'atau
Talea over Lomu?

I am from the NH but have decided that I should support a super 14 team this year for the tournament as we get quite a lot of coverage. Who should I go for?? Burger is a favourite player of mine but I don't like many of his Stormers colleagues. I am facing a massive dilemma!! Help!! Persuade me to choose the right team
<

Originally posted by SirBurger@Jan 18 2006, 07:12 AM
I am from the NH but have decided that I should support a super 14 team this year for the tournament as we get quite a lot of coverage. Who should I go for?? Burger is a favourite player of mine but I don't like many of his Stormers colleagues. I am facing a massive dilemma!! Help!! Persuade me to choose the right team
<
auckland blues my friend

you want rugged forwards?....we got an allblack front row with the best hooker in the world in kevin mealamu..a sth african lock with ali williams and troy flavell..

we got a 1 man maul named nick williams and a old school grunt named angus mcdonald...we also got a fine number 7 named daniel braid whos hard work sets the up our fine backline

and you know auckland...we develop the BEST BACKS IN THE WORLD!!..its a proven fact..dont make me pull out the history book on the great players that have worn the blues jersey and the auckland npc colours...it will be unfair on the rest of clubs around the world

just see the new talent we have...future allblack anthony tuitevake WILL BLESS AUCKLAND with the fantastic agility and speed he had last year,brent ward at the back directing the play(he reminds of a northern style type player)..also if rokocoko needs a relax then we got little waqueseduadua on the side lines...yet another fijian who poses threat with a rugby ball and a pair of boots

ofcourse a returning to form howlett AND rokocoko..all black legendary wingers,also the side stepping and heavy hitting of rua tipoki and ofcourse the future of allblack rugby in luke mcalistair

like i said mate..you want excitement,flair,big hits,dominating scrums,speed,intricate set plays,out standing individual runs,team work at its most entertaining...and rugby
<
..then auckland is youre team

pick auckland...and you will not only get 1 bottle of natural glow..but 2 BOTTLES...

call now at 0800 suzanballz...0800 suzanballz

<

auckland mate..i promise you will see the most exciting team in the super14

You want the Bulls with Bryan Habana improving his speed by 1 Sec over the off season occording to the Bulls camp, He will be a joy to watch...Jokes he has no step, But hes Dangerous.

AUCKLAND BLUES!!! Team with Flair and as proven last yr during the NPC a team with the ability to play constructive Rugby.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 19 2006, 01:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 19 2006, 01:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SirBurger
@Jan 18 2006, 07:12 AM
<
auckland blues my friend

you want rugged forwards?....we got an allblack front row with the best hooker in the world in kevin mealamu..a sth african lock with ali williams and troy flavell..

we got a 1 man maul named nick williams and a old school grunt named angus mcdonald...we also got a fine number 7 named daniel braid whos hard work sets the up our fine backline

and you know auckland...we develop the BEST BACKS IN THE WORLD!!..its a proven fact..dont make me pull out the history book on the great players that have worn the blues jersey and the auckland npc colours...it will be unfair on the rest of clubs around the world

just see the new talent we have...future allblack anthony tuitevake WILL BLESS AUCKLAND with the fantastic agility and speed he had last year,brent ward at the back directing the play(he reminds of a northern style type player)..also if rokocoko needs a relax then we got little waqueseduadua on the side lines...yet another fijian who poses threat with a rugby ball and a pair of boots

ofcourse a returning to form howlett AND rokocoko..all black legendary wingers,also the side stepping and heavy hitting of rua tipoki and ofcourse the future of allblack rugby in luke mcalistair

like i said mate..you want excitement,flair,big hits,dominating scrums,speed,intricate set plays,out standing individual runs,team work at its most entertaining...and rugby
<
..then auckland is youre team

pick auckland...and you will not only get 1 bottle of natural glow..but 2 BOTTLES...

call now at 0800 suzanballz...0800 suzanballz

<

auckland mate..i promise you will see the most exciting team in the super14 [/b]
Yes, but they don't wear Yellow...

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 17 2006, 12:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 17 2006, 12:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
@Jan 15 2006, 04:38 PM
1.Bull Allen
2.Hewitt ©
3.Gordy Slater
4.Waller
5.Afeaki
6.Collins
7.So'oialo
8.Tiatia
9.Preston
10.Howell
11.Talea
12.O'Halloran
13.Ieremia
14.Umaga
15.Culley

16.Hore
17.Mike Edwards
18.Paul ***o
19.Vanisi
20.Spice
21.Mannix
22.Fa'atau
Talea over Lomu? [/b]
Yeah Lomu did **** all in the Canes jersey @ least Talea had some good tires and some good hits.

Originally posted by SirBurger@Jan 18 2006, 07:12 AM
<
If you want exciting rugby the Hurricanes or the Blues both play an expansive game the Canes have the likes or Umaga,Collins, So'oialo, Weepu etc so i hope you choose the Hurricanes they usuallu arent far or everybodys top 4 for fav S12 teams just bcoz of the way they play.

Latest posts