• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Database of players

Deleted member 88551

Academy Player
Hi, I'm new on here. Trying to fill in the name of a rugby player with birth date August 10 1989. From Scotland but not sure when/where they played. Is there a database of players or list of teams/squads anywhere that I could find this info?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new on here. Trying to fill in the name of a rugby player with birth date August 10 1989. Male; From Scotland but not sure when/where they played. Is there a database of players or list of teams/squads anywhere that I could find this info?
no idea re your actual question....but very curious how you know their date of birth but not their name etc

Hi, I'm new on here. Trying to fill in the name of a rugby player with birth date August 10 1989. From Scotland but not sure when/where they played. Is there a database of players or list of teams/squads anywhere that I could find this info?

I'm assuming you have more information about this player, unless it's part of an incredibly difficult crossword puzzle.

Male player?
Union or League?
Definitely from Scotland or just played for Scotland or a Scottish team?
Do you have any reason to think they played for Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Joe McClean was born 10 August 1989. He played for the Scotland rugby league team, but he's not from Scotland, quelle surprise.

I'm not sure how accurate the Wikipedia article is, however, as under background it states "McLean was created by a chemical spillage in Marlborough, Wiltshire, England." The Scots will cap anyone.

Is a pretty good database, not sure how you are going to search with only date of birth though.

As far as I can tell the only player listed with that birth date is Jimmy Owen, a kiwi club player

Last edited:
Joe McClean was born 10 August 1989. He played for the Scotland rugby league team, but he's not from Scotland, quelle surprise.

I'm not sure how accurate the Wikipedia article is, however, as under background it states "McLean was created by a chemical spillage in Marlborough, Wiltshire, England." The Scots will cap anyone.
Just as long as he has a sporran!!

Latest posts