• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best player in the game?

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date

Who is the best player in the game? (It has to be one of the impact players because they are better

• Lawerence Dallagio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Lewsey

• Stephen Larkham

• George Smith

• George Gregan

• Schalk Burger

• Total voters
I

I cant think of a username

I think it's either Carter, O' Driscoll or Habana but it's up to you lot

O'Driscoll by a country mile. He is practically untouchable, even on elite.

I would have to say Brian O'Driscoll, I have just been playing the HEC on elite and currently have 6 tries in 3 games. 4+1+1.

He finds the smallest gaps and sprints through, does tire easily and doesn't really do distances, that's habana.

Also Percy Montgomery is good, that boot gets in the 22m to 5 m regularly and goal kicking superb, while offering good counter on a kick.
BM

I decided to choose a null vote but yeah O' Driscoll is probably the best.

Who voted for Henson? Please don't go ruining the poll by putting in mess votes (I'm not saying it was a mess vote because everyones entitled to their own opinion)

A vote for williams? Come on lads don't ruin it, even 1 mess vote could upset the final figures

I'd say Carter is harder to deal with than O'Driscoll, especially if you move him into the centre. His boot is huge, he bursts out of tackles and his distribution is excellent.

Originally posted by I cant think of a username@Apr 16 2006, 02:46 PM
A vote for williams? Come on lads don't ruin it, even 1 mess vote could upset the final figures
I don't know, Williams on the game is very impressive, although he is no way near as good in rreal life, he is very good at running round people on the game. I scored 11 tries on elite with him the other day, on 10mins each way, and he was just scoring from the kick-offs.

I really hate playing against kickers like Carter and Wilkinson, as, along with pinning me back so far, I can never get the quick line-outs to work from their kicks, even if I am positioned well.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Apr 16 2006, 06:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-I cant think of a username
@Apr 16 2006, 02:46 PM
I don't know, Williams on the game is very impressive, although he is no way near as good in rreal life, he is very good at running round people on the game. I scored 11 tries on elite with him the other day, on 10mins each way, and he was just scoring from the kick-offs.

I really hate playing against kickers like Carter and Wilkinson, as, along with pinning me back so far, I can never get the quick line-outs to work from their kicks, even if I am positioned well. [/b]
I know yeah they're deadly with the boot and I rarely seem to be able to tackle them before they kick it or block them down

Carter or Driscoll for myself, again they are immense especially if you have them in the center together.

Henson is a good player regardless of his off the field antics which im not impressed with, but a s a rugby layer he is good.

Note: I did not vote for Henson or Williams

To be honest both the Welsh Stars are good players on the game. Henson can kick long penalties and hoof 2/3 of a pitch. Henson for me is most effective at Full Back, as he can launch a great returning kick or mount a decent counter.

Williams is great off a crossfield or box kick.

BM

jason robinson....if used properly,is the most dangerous attacker...and on defense he can catch the caucaus and habanas coz his acceleration is the best

however and overall effect on the game,has to be dan carter

i went with BOD cause i spent a large amount of time playing as ireland, and i noticed to that he will create something out of nothing time and time again..

Yeah Carter is unstoppable really. If he gets the ball in his own 22, he just punts it into the opposition 5 metres. Also Williams I think is good. He has so much speed and is probably the fastest player from any tier 1 nations?

imo it would be carter. a fh, ctr, fb. very useful. the sole reason why i would pick him over bod is that hes a fh. give him the ball, kick it down the feild. and he kicks goals. put him at 12 or 13 and he would be as effective as bod (dont quote me on that though)

also monty would be up there because of versatility too. thats the key point for me in wl. if a average player who plays in more positions than a better than average player, the average player wins.

Originally posted by sambãd5@Apr 17 2006, 10:59 PM
imo it would be carter. a fh, ctr, fb. very useful. the sole reason why i would pick him over bod is that hes a fh. give him the ball, kick it down the feild. and he kicks goals. put him at 12 or 13 and he would be as effective as bod (dont quote me on that though)

also monty would be up there because of versatility too. thats the key point for me in wl. if a average player who plays in more positions than a better than average player, the average player wins.
Hey... you must be a chutney muff.

Yeah, you can slide Percy into flyhalf and he does the job. He gets the ball in the 22 and boots the leather of it. I've put him there a few times.

Percy played no.10 for me all the way through a WC campaign. This allowed me to play some of the faster guys in the 11,12,13,14 and 15 positions. He was prolific, scoring 20+ points a game and really handing some great ball to the guys behind him. Good for crosskicks too.

BM

Henson... He's better then Carter at Fly Half in the game IMO.

He's fast enough to carve it up at Fullback and Centre, and his 98 kicking power is lethal. He has a better Goal Kicking animation as well.

'Tis a funny kicking animation, you wait for him to just fall over or trip over the ball. Tis a great kicker on the game tho, I boot from my own tryline and manage to get a lineout in their 5 metre, make wales almost good.

BM

Latest posts