• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Training Session

M

Mr. Laxative

Well, here's one for those that have played (and trained).

What is your all time favourite training session and/or match experience ever?

My fave training would have to be today. It was friggen cold, wet, 8 people showed and we did sweet FA. Of course being in the rain, we had to do something. So we played a 1 hour game of touch. To score we had to dive so we all got some what wet and muddy! You see the field doesn't drain terribly well. Afterwards we decided to practice our try diving skills in the puddles. Childish as it is, it was just great fun.

My favourite match would be last year's Grand Final, which we qualified for with a 36-0 win. Sadly we were flogged, but it was a great experience running out on to Canberra Stadium - Superb!! :bravo:

Best training session?

So many good ones to choose....most enjoyable was a random training session when it was raining hardcore one day. We were travelling along and looked at Robertson Road park (Mangere Central Park) and thought "Hell why not?" so we got out of the car and ran laughing away into the pouring rain on the feild. Was glorious! Oh the days when we were carefree....

Best Game?

I judged the success of my playing by the way girls treated me after the game..... :lol: :lol: ...never mind what the hell happened on the feild. As long as when we walked off girls were just looking at me alone and thinking..."He is so the man" :lol: :lol: :lol: If they didn't do that then I thought "Man I suck"

But isn't your username...................................?

You know? Gay-Guy??

Originally posted by Wacko Jacko
But isn't your username...................................?

You know? Gay-Guy??
Yep....thats what rugby does to ya :lol:

Best match i have ever played in was our local derby 2 years ago
We were down 19-14 with secounds left. I took a ball at the back of the line out and our scrumhalf kicked an inch perfect cross kick to the far winger who sprinted 30 metre popped inside to our open side who then threw a 30 metre poass to the other winger who crossed on the touchline for the best try iv ever seen
(our fly half then slotted the extras)
Actualy it was only that try that really lit up the match but ill still stick with it

Yeah, similar to my last match:

We were down 19-0 at half time. We pulled back to score three tries, but we only got 1 conversion. So, with 5 minutes left it was 17-19. Then the absolute incredible happened! We held the ball for a good 6 phases and were finally given a penalty 20 metres out and 15 metres in from touch. Keeping a cool head, the team took it in, not concerned about the score and the captain gave the ball to our kicker with 3 minutes to go. He missed one terribly from the same spot 5 minutes previous, but like a true professional (albeit - Indian) he slotted it, right over the black dot. For the next 2 minutes we defended hard after the opposition regained the ball from the kick-off and recieved a scrum. The last play! A simple kick sideways into touch (by me) finished the game and we had won 20-19!!!!!!!!

It was a great feeling, after playing so poorly in the first half.

To be honest, I think that's what makes great teams: COMPOSURE!

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 24 2006, 09:46 PM
Well, here's one for those that have played (and trained).

What is your all time favourite training session and/or match experience ever?

My fave training would have to be today. It was friggen cold, wet, 8 people showed and we did sweet FA. Of course being in the rain, we had to do something. So we played a 1 hour game of touch. To score we had to dive so we all got some what wet and muddy! You see the field doesn't drain terribly well. Afterwards we decided to practice our try diving skills in the puddles. Childish as it is, it was just great fun.

My favourite match would be last year's Grand Final, which we qualified for with a 36-0 win. Sadly we were flogged, but it was a great experience running out on to Canberra Stadium - Superb!! :bravo:
i think the best was when we did a session of 3 vs. 12 where 12 were constantly attacking, but if an attacker got into acres of space one of our coaches would shout "down!" and he would have to pass it away or fall to ground to create a ruck. It's great for stamina to be on the smaller team, as you were constantly tackling and chasing attackers B) and we cycled between players on the two teams. however, the smaller team were allowed to intercept passes etc. and score tries on the standard size pitch, although we didnt have kicks at goal at any team, except for drop outs if the ball got into touch from in line with where it went out and on fouls.

stamina-wise, it kicks ass as you will be completely drained after a full 1 hour's worth like we do, every week or two. it takes a day or two to recover.

My team trained in a snowstorm earlier this year (it snows at bizzarely random times in Ireland). We only played tip, 7 a side. It was worse for the team playing into the wind and snow but just cold for my team. And of course, people ended up playing topless.

Yeah, last year we trained in snow - for the first time in about 6 years it SNOWED in Canberra!!! Also before our grandfinal, we warmed up while hail was falling from the skies!

Best training session was this year around February... It snowed like hell and I scored 4 tries :cheers:

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 27 2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, last year we trained in snow - for the first time in about 6 years it SNOWED in Canberra!!! Also before our grandfinal, we warmed up while hail was falling from the skies!
at the beginning of our year january february we usually have to train indoors cuz the ground is covered in 8 inches to 2 feet of snow at all times

we had an alumni match, and it was in a driving snow storm, and the snow accumulated fast, by the end of the match we were playing in 4 inches of snow... damn stuff kept clumpin up on the bottom of our boots!

good time nonetheless scored 1 try and when you slide in that you sliiiiiiiide :D

Been so many training sessions that have been great, probably my favourite was this summer, we got an absolute beasting. So much fitness work and press ups. Why was it my favourite? The sense of achievment after.

Best game was the 2nd last home game last season. We were playing our local rivals, who were really quite good and who'd beaten us by a couple points before earlier in the season. It was a really tight 1st half, but I got the score that gave us the edge going into the 2nd half. We ended up scoring early on, and from there on in we were just scoring for fun and I played out of my skin. We ended up winning 41-9. Such a great feeling after that match.

Started light training this summer even tho I have been told I am unlikely to play any part this season because of my knee, but purely running and cycling... Also been doing some weight work, which I have began to do it practical wise, by helping my sister build her extension so basically doing 4 hours worth of labouring after work..

Latest posts