• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best TRF User

Emm guys, I think the Japanese crowd has formed into one greater Hive mind operated by Japanese_Hero, and we're next.

God, so cocky...

Interestingly enough I was thinking of the silliness of the French language tonight when I was preparing my supper, because of the bilingual Canadian packaging I had a huge giggle at how long it takes to say "Potato patties" en francais. "Galetes de pommes de terres" or literally "Cakes of apples of the earth" LOLZ.:D

isn't nice isn't it ? im sure your a better guy than that! :)

oh no no, you got it all wrong. In my culture, "cocky" is a compliment. Because my people worship roosters (or 'cocks') as gods, saying to someone "hey you, you're cocky !" is a sign of tremendous respect and extreme affection for a man, bordering on homosexuality.

Interestingly enough I was thinking of the silliness of the French language tonight when I was preparing my supper, because of the bilingual Canadian packaging I had a huge giggle at how long it takes to say "Potato patties" en francais. "Galetes de pommes de terres" or literally "Cakes of apples of the earth" LOLZ.
biggrin.gif

well the English language is the only one that calls the "pineapple" anything different than "ananas", refers to jellyfish as 'jelly' 'fish' which isn't a fish and would sound ridiculous in French literally translated, call ppl of Holland "the Dutch" a word that originates from "Deutschland" (Germany), and refer to fries as "French fries" when they're actually Belgian.

But the smurfs are French though. That much is a blue fact.

Last edited:
oh no no, you got it all wrong. In my culture, "cocky" is a compliment. Because my people worship roosters (or 'cocks') as gods, saying to someone "hey you, you're cocky !" is a sign of tremendous respect and extreme affection for a man, bordering on homosexuality.

well the English language is the only one that calls the "pineapple" anything different than "ananas", refers to jellyfish as 'jelly' 'fish' which isn't a fish and would sound ridiculous in French literally translated, call ppl of Holland "the Dutch" a word that originates from "Deutschland" (Germany), and refer to fries as "French fries" when they're actually Belgian.

But the smurfs are French though. That much is a blue fact.

Well a pineapple is very like an apple covered in pine, the word Dutch was originally a term in English for both speakers of High and Low German, when the Historic equivalent of Netherlands(United Provinces) adopted low german as their language it became specific to them. And jellyfish was likely from people low on biology knowledge, and half of Belgians speak French.

The term "Frogs" was orignally an English insult for the Dutch (because they lived in marshes) and got carried over to the French later...or so goes one of the stories.

Latest posts